• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Isn't he their only seam bowling all rounder? Stupid to send him home after the odi's if so.
He cannot bowl in tests till he is given all clear as part of his recovery from an injury. I'd still want him in the team but selectors thought otherwise.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
No kidding.

Rohit has played all of 260 balls in recognised top tier cricket in the last 11 months, all of it in the IPL in which he has average returns of 330 runs at 27.

And its not as if he can bowl or is a super fielder. In the IPL his on field agility was inversely proportional to the visible fat gained. Not to mention at 33, and with a super failure record overseas, he isn't any sort of long term option even.

And he gets to walk in and open at the SCG in a New Year's test, not having played a practise first class match even in more than a year ?.

**** me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No kidding.

Rohit has played all of 260 balls in recognised top tier cricket in the last 11 months, all of it in the IPL in which he has average returns of 330 runs at 27.

And its not as if he can bowl or is a super fielder. In the IPL his on field agility was inversely proportional to the visible fat gained. Not to mention at 33, and with a super failure record overseas, he isn't any sort of long term option even.

And he gets to walk in and open at the SCG in a New Year's test, not having played a practise first class match even in more than a year ?.

**** me.
Fair point. Rahul it is.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Nah I just shudder at the twists and turns fate has done to bring this. One thing India was confident was that it had a literal surplus of opening candidates, and Sharma was nowhere in the picture. Shaw, Mayank, Gill and in contingency KL and even Vihary could open.

Suddenly it is as if a given that Rohit is set to do test duties.

The dominion that is Mumbai cricket has only started to spread its tentacles and reclaim Indian cricket.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
Isn't he their only seam bowling all rounder? Stupid to send him home after the odi's if so.
I think he also wanted to go back home (family). Whether he was formally asked if he wanted to be a part of the test team as a batsman only etc no idea, but in some interview he did say he wanted to be with family.

Kirkut

International Regular
Should experiment with a spin heavy bowling attack and go for a win at Sydney. Gabba can be very bouncy and that may come back to haunt us.