• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4000 would have been great for us, but 2,000, not sure we'll break even, hmm.

Baby steps though I suppose, and they're keeping Ifollow until 50% is doable, so at least there will be an atmos when watching.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The atmosphere is certainly going to be interesting. If some of the people I usually sit near are able to spend 90 minutes wearing a mask and not shouting I will be surprised to put it mildly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
4000 would have been great for us, but 2,000, not sure we'll break even, hmm.

Baby steps though I suppose, and they're keeping Ifollow until 50% is doable, so at least there will be an atmos when watching.
I assumed ifollow would stay until we were completely back to normal. Tbh part of me thinks it'll be hard for them to take all this stuff away now, which may be bad in the long run.

grecian

Just looking at the fixtures it looks like Exeter's first home league game with fans is against Tranmere.
Actually it's the much more important match in the Papa Johns against Northampton. Gonna have a Test event then apparently, a decent amount of time to get ready really, I mean presuming we already have provisional plans.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Actually it's the much more important match in the Papa Johns against Northampton. Gonna have a Test event then apparently, a decent amount of time to get ready really, I mean presuming we already have provisional plans.
That's why I said first league game. Would 2,000 even turn up for the Paint Pot trophy? Even so they'll presumably have to make it all ticket.

grecian

That's why I said first league game. Would 2,000 even turn up for the Paint Pot trophy? Even so they'll presumably have to make it all ticket.
I dunno, I think they probably would for the symbolic first match back, in fact I reckon we could get twice that, but yeah details are sketchy, wouldn't be surprised if it was more limited than 2k, just to try things out. In the end we have made some decent cash from this silly tournament, so we certainly wouldn't be budgetting on any revenue from gates.

I haven't paid for it myself, but a lot have said our matches in this comp are fun, we get to see a lot of the youngsters, it's where Key and Randall made their names last year, and they are now the present and future, so if it was doable, and I had a chance of going, I'd go, even if it meant swallowing the pride of going to this U-21 debacle, but all-ticket, and priority systems will be needed, I am not sure I'll be that high up, just being a Trust member.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Only 34 of the 92 clubs are allowed fans and none more than 2,000. We've often been accused of being Cornish - at the moment that would be quite handy.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Only 10 PL clubs are allowed fans. The first to house any will be Arsenal in their Thursday cup match next week. Not sure if those matches are included within any of their season ticket structure, or if anyone wants to turn up anyway.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do they know which frame to pause it on, and which part of Salah's body to pick. His shoulder looked a tad further towards goal than his foot. This protractor **** is so ****ing terrible. Thank **** DRS isnt this dreadful.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only reason that looks weird is because welbeck didn't make a meal of it (atleast not immediately) . It's definitely a penalty imo

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Such a VAR era penalty. It definitely is one but it is not really a proper foul.
Exactly, with the way the ball ricochets during the action it's not like Welbeck has been stopped from getting to the ball.

Does drive me mad that people don't understand that the referees are only told to go over to the pitch side monitor when they've been told there's been an error, it's just to give the illusion that the referee is looking at his decision again. The decision has already been made by the VAR ref.

Not that I'd expect anything different from the BT team.