• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Has anyone scored two hundreds in a row in the IPL, or in any T20 league for that matter?

Answer: Rohan, Unmukt Chand, Warner, Klinger, Pietersen are some of the batsmen to have done it in T20s. None in the IPL.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wanna say it was rather complacent from DC there. And I dunno WTF is happening with Pant's batting but hopefully he realizes the **** he is being fed by his coaches (whether it is Punter at DC or Shaz with the Indian side) is messing with his actual strengths as a batsman and gives up trying to bat this way.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Back to yesterday's game - I just had another look when something popped up on Cricinfo about Dhoni as to whether he actually said there wasn't any spark from youngsters - I thought maybe I've misheard him or something or there are some youngsters - no one else is younger then 28 apart from Curran - harsh to be singling him out. No one else in the top 7 that played yesterday is under 31 and the bowling has been their stronger suit by far. They actually made a chase of 126 look like a competitive game for half of the RR innings.

Will be interesting as to how KXIP bat - a case of Delhi batting poorly or it being a tough pitch to get in on where you need to get yourself in to start with, may get to see that in 2nd innings.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Back to yesterday's game - I just had another look when something popped up on Cricinfo about Dhoni as to whether he actually said there wasn't any spark from youngsters - I thought maybe I've misheard him or something or there are some youngsters - no one else is younger then 28 apart from Curran - harsh to be singling him out.
He was talking about the youngsters in the squad, not in the playing XI. Basically folks like Sai Kishore, Gaekwad and Jagadeesan. Dunno if there are anymore youngsters left there. Ad it was still harsh on Jagadeesan who looked MILES better than Jadhav in the one innings he played. Which is why I suggested the XI I did for CSK in my earlier post here.

Think his drift was that the youngsters were not so good that they could confidently drop the seniors even if the seniors were not doing well, something like that. And it definitely seems unfair at least on Jagadeesan.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
He was talking about the youngsters in the squad, not in the playing XI. Basically folks like Sai Kishore, Gaekwad and Jagadeesan. Dunno if there are anymore youngsters left there. Ad it was still harsh on Jagadeesan who looked MILES better than Jadhav in the one innings he played. Which is why I suggested the XI I did for CSK in my earlier post here.

Think his drift was that the youngsters were not so good that they could confidently drop the seniors even if the seniors were not doing well, something like that. And it definitely seems unfair at least on Jagadeesan.
Had another look and my bad there, but it does seem a bit harsh nonetheless as effectively asking youngsters to come in and do all the heavy lifting as not only would you need to score runs if you are a batsman but also make up for the others lack of intent on the whole. I guess they might see something in training which justifies their selections of late but it doesn't look great having an ageing squad and when you have a youngster come in and in his first innings be 2nd top scorer and at a quicker strike rate then anyone bar Dhoni and Bravo (who faced 11 balls between them) and then drop him it seems bizarre. Cricinfo has him listed as an opening batsman, not seen him before he played v RCB but if he's being played out of position too that makes the choice even worse for me.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Cleans up Gayle like a baby afetr he got 24 in previous over - Ashwin again too good for cricket against humans

Name the sport Ashwinball imo