• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't say I'm hugely bothered, would have been bitter-sweet, winning a Championship that wasn't. Still a trophy would have been nice.

Essex are the best all-round team, despite Byrom and Lammonby's heroics this match, we could still do with another experienced bat, yet who knows maybe a year on they can become more consistent. Certainly got an huge crop of exciting youngsters. Do feel we will miss Jove, and Jove will miss us, we have a lot of steady good old fashioned seamers, so think his extra pace was a good contrast and he and we benefited from it, they have a different line-up at Slurrey.

The nightmare scenario of course is that England selectors come to their senses, pick Leach over Bess, and we are ending up with Wller or Van der Merwe as our front-line spinner. Lewis Goldsworthy maybe?

Chubb

International Regular
As ever I feel conflicted about this as these are my two favourite teams. I personally think Somerset were the better side all year, and Essex displayed great resilience to come through some sticky situations and get to the final.

I think Essex's reign at the top could come to an end next year. They can't rely on Harmer to dig them out of trouble. They need to strengthen their batting and should target an overseas bat and try to pick up a couple of decent county pros as well. And if anyone is going to dethrone them Somerset (with their cohort of Devon players, just saying) are best placed.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Congrats to Essex for their 3 title in 5 years

Somerset have been so unlucky, Especially over the last few years.

chris.hinton

International Captain
T20 QF are on Thursday (Unless i'm wrong its the first English county games ever played in October). Finals day on Saturday

Surrey vs Kent
Sussex vs Lancashire
Glouester vs Northants
Notts vs Leicester

Surrey, Sussex, Gloucester & Notts i believe will win their games

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
It's a bit weird that three of those matches are replays of group stage games. You'd think they would arrange the quarter finals so that teams played sides from other groups.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Basement Jaxx running through Kent. Surrey haven't even used Batty yet. Batty, Jacks and Moriarty all going at less than 7s during the tournament. Now that SUrrey have players back from injury and other stuff the team looks pretty decent now

I'd like to see a Moriarty mankad at some point in his career. Maybe against Kohli in India.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Basement Jaxx running through Kent. Surrey haven't even used Batty yet. Batty, Jacks and Moriarty all going at less than 7s during the tournament. Now that SUrrey have players back from injury and other stuff the team looks pretty decent now

I'd like to see a Moriarty mankad at some point in his career. Maybe against Kohli in India.
Yeah, we're looking OK, even without either of the Currans today. Strange scorecard insofar as Surrey's score of 169 looks rather low for only two wickets lost. And Jacks ripping out Kent's top 4 was even stranger, as a decent innings from either opener or Billings would have given Kent a real chance. Maybe these autumnal conditions suit his medium pace offerings.

theegyptian

Yeah, we're looking OK, even without either of the Currans today. Strange scorecard insofar as Surrey's score of 169 looks rather low for only two wickets lost. And Jacks ripping out Kent's top 4 was even stranger, as a decent innings from either opener or Billings would have given Kent a real chance. Maybe these autumnal conditions suit his medium pace offerings.
There seems to be a little more flight and guile to Jacks' bowling this year. Doing well considering the work he is doing in the powerplay, even if the oval looks like it's offering some decent purchase for the spinners.

Certainly something he should continue to work on with England in mind - With their surplus of wk batsman and batsman who don't bowl in the white ball squads, should always be on the lookout for some guys who bowl a bit. Especially spin options given Moeen's travails. Batty seemed complimentary in this article I read - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cr...and-call-with-t20-blast-heroics-a4561641.html

Spinners doing well in the blast this year, especially economy rate. https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...er_economy_rate.html?id=13466;type=tournament

Lots of spin been bowled in powerplays too.- many of those guys with excellent economy rates too - Jacks, Sisodiya, C Parkinson, Van Buuren all bowling a lot in the powerplay.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Utterly dismal from Northants. Seems like we've been much too dependent on our openers getting us off to a flyer this year, and we haven't got a plan B when that doesn't happen.

theegyptian

The weather radar has it raining over edgbaston constantly for at least the next 36 hours. Maybe starting to stop around mid afternoon Sunday. Sunday is the reserve day but even that looks optimistic given the likely state of the outfield after 36 hours straight of rain. Looks like it's a bowl off.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Well we have had 2 11 over a side games

1st semi final

Gloucester 73/7
Surrey 74/4

2nd semi final

Lancashire 94/4
Nottinghamshire 95/5

Notts vs Surrey in the final.

Surrey haven't won the T20 since 2003 (Lost finals in 2004 to Leicestershire & 2013 to Northants)

Notts won it in 2017 beating Warwickshire in the final, But have lost a final in 2006 to Leicester

SeamUp

International Coach
Enjoyed being able to watch Notts on TV during the T20 blast in SA and a great win. A well balanced limited overs side but so far to go in the longer formats.

Just a word for Somerset's production line. Quite a few players are leaving them for supposed bigger counties or even just opportunity now. Says so much for how many good young cricketers they are producing.

Lammonby (20), Goldsworthy (19), Smeed (18) all in their T20 team by the end of the season.

Buttler, Overton's, Leach, Bess, Gregory, Abell, Hildreth, Banton, Bartlett etc SW doing well.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will jacks has been a delight to watch this summer, wouldn't surprise me if England try to slot him into the moeen role now that moeen has lost his touch.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Is Jack's a big enough hitter down the order for t20 internationals? He opens for surrey but wont for england? Mo when batting well a couple years ago could easily clear the ropes

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He hit the fastest century in professional cricket last year and strikes at 150 in t20's, ide say he has the power to clear the fence.