• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
That sweep of Crawleys is going to be useful this winter if we do play some test cricket in Asia.

Fisher, TKC, Poysden and Willey all out of the Yorkshire game tonight awaiting Covid results.

theegyptian

Surrey have found them a reasonable batsman in this bloke Jamie Overton. 154 runs @ 51.33, shame he's primarily a bowler and has 0/174 so far and didn't even bowl in the t20 tonight.

Seems like it's the year of the slow left armer in the t20s this year. They are everywhere.

EVADOLL75

Cricket Spectator
County Cricket will be starting on August 1st

Bob Wills Trophy i believe will feature 3 groups of 6 (5 matches) (Dont know how they will reach a final from 3)

T20 Blast- 2 groups of 9 (8 matches) with finals day

Season will end in October
Cricket now and not a Kolpak, so some players may decided that they can afford to play for their country as well, which has been one of the main reasons players gave up international cricket.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Root helicoptered in apparently to bowl for Yorks today. They’ve properly scraped the barrel down the order

theegyptian

I've had no more than a cursory look at the tables of the t20 but Sussex look like they might be about to bomb against a very weak essex side which may well see them missing out on the quarter finals.

theegyptian

Some compelling cricket. Northants looked dead - Graeme White playing an incredible knock . Sussex look fine now. Glos trying to put rivals Somerset out.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Early wicket for Essex, what's up with hildreth? Shame he isn't able to play after years of service. On the other hand I hope jamie Overton is sitting at home regretting moving mid season

chris.hinton

International Captain
Early wicket for Essex, what's up with hildreth? Shame he isn't able to play after years of service. On the other hand I hope jamie Overton is sitting at home regretting moving mid season
Wasn't he just forced out as he could not command a 1st team place?

theegyptian

Expect to see Byrom slot into the England middle order for their next test - that's how these things used to work right? A good knock in a domestic final gets you on a winter tour?

Haven't actually been watching but I'd think Somerset are ahead in this game given the relative merits of both sides this season.

C Overton batting 7 as he has been this season only good for his long term chances of England selection. Jamie too seems to have really improved his batting.