• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing no-one talking about Bale, thought the chants f "you were born to play for Spurs" outside today were a bit harsh though...

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Some of these fees for foreign players seem very cheap, a sign Covid financial pressure hitting across europe?
Which fees in particular? Thiago in the final year of his deal, Allan seemed cheap but Napoli did spend a record fee of 70million euros on Osimhen, I'm quite shocked there have been so many decent sized fees, perhaps missing a 100mil+ deal which is probably in part down to Covid but heard the transfer market might shrink by about 30% this summer, so far fees seem to be on the whole holding firm

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which fees in particular? Thiago in the final year of his deal, Allan seemed cheap but Napoli did spend a record fee of 70million euros on Osimhen, I'm quite shocked there have been so many decent sized fees, perhaps missing a 100mil+ deal which is probably in part down to Covid but heard the transfer market might shrink by about 30% this summer, so far fees seem to be on the whole holding firm
Well Allan and James at Everton, Thiago for Liverpool, Gabriel at Arsenal, Rodrigo at Leeds and Torres at City. All look bargains to me.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have paid for I-Follow for the first time, I obviously don't know how to use it being a technophope, but I expect it to all be a crushing disappointment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have paid for I-Follow for the first time, I obviously don't know how to use it being a technophope, but I expect it to all be a crushing disappointment.
It is okay, tbh if your device and connection are sound its fine

flibbertyjibber

VAR seems to be having a better season so far.
Yeah, got that one spot on.

Diangana looks a player, great goal by him and James.

Mad game this, could be 4-3 already.

Gibbs is a prick getting himself sent off. Bilic seemed harshly treated as he didn't do a lot wrong and got a red too.

flibbertyjibber

Everton look like Spurs under Ardiles or Newcastle under Keegan. Great going forward and don't bother to defend.

James looks some signing already.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Well Allan and James at Everton, Thiago for Liverpool, Gabriel at Arsenal, Rodrigo at Leeds and Torres at City. All look bargains to me.
Thiago a 29 year old in the final year of his contract, Allan I think is partially a result of Napoli spending a record transfer fee on Osimhen, don't think Lille would've got much if any more than 25mil for Gabriel Covid or no-covid, I'd argue his main selling point was being cheaper than Upamecano or Koulibaly - not that I think Arsenal would've tempted Koulibaly. Valencia are a unique case when they are selling their captain to local rivals for free, and hearing the fans it seems unhappiness is at the owner rather then the league for not protecting clubs through Covid. But I do think if that wasn't the case Torres would be more expensive.

I am probably in the minority but I think Valencia have done well to get almost 30mil for Rodrigo 12 league goals across his last 2 seasons - would be surprised if Leeds fans are rating the transfer as anything above average/decent by the end of the season - take into account Valencia's financial position and Villarreal got Parejo and Coquelin for a combined fee of less than a third of that and I feel like Leeds have overpaid if anything.