• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW FTP Cup III

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anyone feel like having another cup sometime? I'd personally be in favour of a knockout tournament, if we were to have one. I don't have membership to do a proper in game friendly one but would be happy to do a 'manual' one, because I cbf paying for membership.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah up for it as I said before, still have 40 credits knocking around so would be happy to setup a proper tourney if we get the right number of people for it, even if i probably would get hammered out first round haha. Will be fun to watch all of the big guns of CW going at it in a tourney

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I'll be in the Bangladesh Cup so not available this time.

If the CW Cup doesn't happen, is anybody interested in an LMSC spot? There's room for one more team in the group I created.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I'll be in the Bangladesh Cup so not available this time.

If the CW Cup doesn't happen, is anybody interested in an LMSC spot? There's room for one more team in the group I created.
Is that LMSC on Sunday? I am ready if it is a sunday friendly competition

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Could do Sunday friendlies once everyone is out of the FTP Cup. Am doing LMSC too (in fact, throwing todays match in another friendly cup so I have the slot free).

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Could do Sunday friendlies once everyone is out of the FTP Cup. Am doing LMSC too (in fact, throwing todays match in another friendly cup so I have the slot free).
Thats cool...

I am out first round wantedly.. I hate FTP cup.. dont like it for many reasons..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed we have two bots in T20 this season. Might start focusing on the cup this season. Though if we had two real sides of some note. I would just throw out the 2nd XI in the cup, as I rather stay up in D1 in both formats then go all out in the cup. And yes Scaly we don't have the depth you guys do to go all out in all three formats.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing with leagues is you get experience and attendance money regardless. With the cup you either get those or you don't. If you keep getting to the later stages then you'll find in a few seasons your squad will have extra levels of experience than people who get KO'ed early.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't you gain more experience and crowds being in the higher leagues, then lower leagues. Would it be worth it to drop levels or stay in low Twenty20 league to gain more experience in the Cup. Also for an average side like mine you would need a lot of luck to get past the middle rounds, even if you went all out. Will try this season. But in normal situation can't see how potentially dropping in Twenty20 will help long term with experience and crowds. Though in all honestly never noticed a major increase in experience being in the higher leagues.