Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW FTP Cup III

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    Thats cool...

I am out first round wantedly.. I hate FTP cup.. dont like it for many reasons..

Yea, who wants prize money, attendance money, higher supporter morale money, experience...
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yea, who wants prize money, attendance money, higher supporter morale money, experience...
    Me, for this season anyway.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Just noticed we have two bots in T20 this season. Might start focusing on the cup this season. Though if we had two real sides of some note. I would just throw out the 2nd XI in the cup, as I rather stay up in D1 in both formats then go all out in the cup. And yes Scaly we don't have the depth you guys do to go all out in all three formats.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

The thing with leagues is you get experience and attendance money regardless. With the cup you either get those or you don't. If you keep getting to the later stages then you'll find in a few seasons your squad will have extra levels of experience than people who get KO'ed early.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Don't you gain more experience and crowds being in the higher leagues, then lower leagues. Would it be worth it to drop levels or stay in low Twenty20 league to gain more experience in the Cup. Also for an average side like mine you would need a lot of luck to get past the middle rounds, even if you went all out. Will try this season. But in normal situation can't see how potentially dropping in Twenty20 will help long term with experience and crowds. Though in all honestly never noticed a major increase in experience being in the higher leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Don't you gain more experience and crowds being in the higher leagues, then lower leagues. Would it be worth it to drop levels or stay in low Twenty20 league to gain more experience in the Cup. Also for an average side like mine you would need a lot of luck to get past the middle rounds, even if you went all out. Will try this season. But in normal situation can't see how potentially dropping in Twenty20 will help long term with experience and crowds. Though in all honestly never noticed a major increase in experience being in the higher leagues.
    Yes we're probably talking fractions with experience. Like 5-10% over 14 games between being in different divisions. This compares with 100% of whatever games in the cup.

Cup runs seem to have a big affect on supporter morale as well, probably bigger than a single league.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    I might have PCC commitments if its not on Thursdays...
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    I would like to start a CW FTP Championship III as a friendly competition on Thursdays. It would be a league and I am interested to find out how many would be interested! Please post your FTP Team Name if you are interested to participate!
    Supported Indian Cricket from 1992-2000 (till the match fixing scandal)

Long Live Test Cricket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information