Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I just made an account

International Regular

So I just made an account

...and I have no idea how to operate this. My team has been accepted, but this is much harder than Battrick in finding your way around, and setting everything up. Is it worth learning and playing, or should I just stick with Battrick only?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    ...and I have no idea how to operate this. My team has been accepted, but this is much harder than Battrick in finding your way around, and setting everything up. Is it worth learning and playing, or should I just stick with Battrick only?
    FTP is hugely superior to Battrick, so it's worth learning. The main difference between FTP and BT is the training, in FTP every player is trained so you can buy a half-decent team for next to nothing - you will probably find that most of your starting squad are worse than players being sold for zilch. Make sure you change the training to something relevant/useful and make sure you go on the youth training page and do a youth pull each week. Don't worry too much about the youth/senior academy investments yet, see how much money you're making/losing and use that to help you decide.

When logged in to FTP if you go on help or click on the forum link you'll be able to find other advice.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    FTP is hugely superior to Battrick, so it's worth learning. The main difference between FTP and BT is the training, in FTP every player is trained so you can buy a half-decent team for next to nothing - you will probably find that most of your starting squad are worse than players being sold for zilch. Make sure you change the training to something relevant/useful and make sure you go on the youth training page and do a youth pull each week. Don't worry too much about the youth/senior academy investments yet, see how much money you're making/losing and use that to help you decide.

When logged in to FTP if you go on help or click on the forum link you'll be able to find other advice.
    I find it a lot harder to navigate and control everything on From the Pavilion compared to Battrick.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Once you open your eyes it is pretty easy to navigate. It does take a while to get used to and find things at the start. Though if I was looking to start a new game, I would go for FTP any day of week over BT. Near impossible for a newish side in BT to get anywhere. It takes a couple seasons to get out of lower leagues in BT. The way training works is the big thing, you can try everyone not just a select few.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Play BT, FTP is rubbish, it may take a while to get your team in higher leagues, but is a good challage, and you can always sign up as Sri lanka or something, if you want it to be easier.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Play BT, FTP is rubbish, it may take a while to get your team in higher leagues, but is a good challage, and you can always sign up as Sri lanka or something, if you want it to be easier.
    Because it'd be physically impossible and unwise to play more than one online cricket simulation.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Regular
    Play BT, FTP is rubbish
    Yeah, that's what I've decided to do.

BT is as basic as it gets.

If you've got no life then you just keep skill trading over and over and move up the ladder. There's no virtually no intelligence required whatsoever. The match engines are laughable. It will still take years to get close to the top side despite the completely dumb wage system.

If you want a genuine challenge involving intelligence and a moderately realistic match engine play FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I've decided to do.

Good choice, only the people that suck at battrick pay it out, battricks way more popular then ftp

FTP

Good choice, only the people that suck at battrick pay it out, battricks way more popular then ftp
    You know you would have thought after becoming NT manager, winning national cups and playing in the 2nd highest division you made it as a manager in game. Thanks for bring me back down to earth.

Nothing wrong with BT once you get into the game. But it takes double/triple as long to get into game and become half decent with the way training works and how far advanced the top and even middle of the range sides are.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    You know you would have thought after becoming NT manager, winning national cups and playing in the 2nd highest division you made it as a manager in game. Thanks for bring me back down to earth.

Nothing wrong with BT once you get into the game. But it takes double/triple as long to get into game and become half decent with the way training works and how far advanced the top and even middle of the range sides are.
    tommytuck?

tommytuck?
    chaminda_00, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    chaminda_00, actually.
    of course, your pretty good man.

And I was division 1 in both FC & OD after starting a season late when I'd finally had enough. The game had long since ceased being enjoyable for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information