• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So I just made an account

Jakester1288

International Regular
...and I have no idea how to operate this. My team has been accepted, but this is much harder than Battrick in finding your way around, and setting everything up. Is it worth learning and playing, or should I just stick with Battrick only?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
...and I have no idea how to operate this. My team has been accepted, but this is much harder than Battrick in finding your way around, and setting everything up. Is it worth learning and playing, or should I just stick with Battrick only?
FTP is hugely superior to Battrick, so it's worth learning. The main difference between FTP and BT is the training, in FTP every player is trained so you can buy a half-decent team for next to nothing - you will probably find that most of your starting squad are worse than players being sold for zilch. Make sure you change the training to something relevant/useful and make sure you go on the youth training page and do a youth pull each week. Don't worry too much about the youth/senior academy investments yet, see how much money you're making/losing and use that to help you decide.

When logged in to FTP if you go on help or click on the forum link you'll be able to find other advice.

Jakester1288

International Regular
FTP is hugely superior to Battrick, so it's worth learning. The main difference between FTP and BT is the training, in FTP every player is trained so you can buy a half-decent team for next to nothing - you will probably find that most of your starting squad are worse than players being sold for zilch. Make sure you change the training to something relevant/useful and make sure you go on the youth training page and do a youth pull each week. Don't worry too much about the youth/senior academy investments yet, see how much money you're making/losing and use that to help you decide.

When logged in to FTP if you go on help or click on the forum link you'll be able to find other advice.
I find it a lot harder to navigate and control everything on From the Pavilion compared to Battrick.

Scaly piscine

Yea it's a bit faffy with having to click twice to get to most things. They've been working on a site redesign for yonks.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Once you open your eyes it is pretty easy to navigate. It does take a while to get used to and find things at the start. Though if I was looking to start a new game, I would go for FTP any day of week over BT. Near impossible for a newish side in BT to get anywhere. It takes a couple seasons to get out of lower leagues in BT. The way training works is the big thing, you can try everyone not just a select few.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Play BT, FTP is rubbish, it may take a while to get your team in higher leagues, but is a good challage, and you can always sign up as Sri lanka or something, if you want it to be easier.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Play BT, FTP is rubbish, it may take a while to get your team in higher leagues, but is a good challage, and you can always sign up as Sri lanka or something, if you want it to be easier.
Because it'd be physically impossible and unwise to play more than one online cricket simulation.

Scaly piscine

BT is as basic as it gets.

If you've got no life then you just keep skill trading over and over and move up the ladder. There's no virtually no intelligence required whatsoever. The match engines are laughable. It will still take years to get close to the top side despite the completely dumb wage system.

If you want a genuine challenge involving intelligence and a moderately realistic match engine play FTP.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Good choice, only the people that suck at battrick pay it out, battricks way more popular then ftp
You know you would have thought after becoming NT manager, winning national cups and playing in the 2nd highest division you made it as a manager in game. Thanks for bring me back down to earth. 8-)

Nothing wrong with BT once you get into the game. But it takes double/triple as long to get into game and become half decent with the way training works and how far advanced the top and even middle of the range sides are.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
You know you would have thought after becoming NT manager, winning national cups and playing in the 2nd highest division you made it as a manager in game. Thanks for bring me back down to earth. 8-)

Nothing wrong with BT once you get into the game. But it takes double/triple as long to get into game and become half decent with the way training works and how far advanced the top and even middle of the range sides are.
tommytuck?

Scaly piscine

And I was division 1 in both FC & OD after starting a season late when I'd finally had enough. The game had long since ceased being enjoyable for me.