• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW FTP Championship II

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of over 50 (2 runs) - BEST Indies(329-10). 12 runs required from 0 overs. RR 6.58 RRR 0.00
G. Dummett 19 (20b) , C. Deshapriya 9.2-0-53-3

Jaffna Jets won by 11 runs

Jaffna Jets BEST Indies
Batting - Top Order: 5,613 5,341
Batting - Middle Order: 5,184 4,383
Batting - Tail: 2,517 2,564
Bowling - Seam: 5,177 (6) 4,144 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,608 (4) 3,760 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,241 6,149
Overall: 93,209 85,371

Reckon BEST Indies got shafted tbh. You don't go from being 2/211 off 30 overs to being all out for 329. They lost 8/118 on a flat pitch, fair enough my spinners bowled 20 off the those overs, but still stupid. Happy with the win, but didn't deserve it.

Well they've a weak middle order and players generally don't have much experience yet, so it's not that unlikely.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Gun.

1.5 W Chilcott to McCauley : He shuffled across his stumps looking to work to leg and was struck in front by Chilcott.
N. McCauley lbw b. C. Chilcott 0 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
End of over 50 (2 runs) - BEST Indies(329-10). 12 runs required from 0 overs. RR 6.58 RRR 0.00
G. Dummett 19 (20b) , C. Deshapriya 9.2-0-53-3

Jaffna Jets won by 11 runs

Jaffna Jets BEST Indies
Batting - Top Order: 5,613 5,341
Batting - Middle Order: 5,184 4,383
Batting - Tail: 2,517 2,564
Bowling - Seam: 5,177 (6) 4,144 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,608 (4) 3,760 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,241 6,149
Overall: 93,209 85,371

Reckon BEST Indies got shafted tbh. You don't go from being 2/211 off 30 overs to being all out for 329. They lost 8/118 on a flat pitch, fair enough my spinners bowled 20 off the those overs, but still stupid. Happy with the win, but didn't deserve it.
thats the reason why I told that spinners might have helped BEST Indies cause ....they played only one today

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
thats the reason why I told that spinners might have helped BEST Indies cause ....they played only one today
Did you see the rating for their spinner, he was the weakest bowler in their XI. It wouldn't surprise me if the next best spinner is like two level below the 4th seamer or something. I'm sure the windy conditions helped my spinners, but the fact that they are reliable would have made more of a difference. If I played my 3rd spinner ahead of Ashok I probably would have lost, due to poor death bowling.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of over 10 (4 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(45-1). 219 runs required from 40 overs. RR 4.50 RRR 5.48
H. Hill 11 (20b) , W. Archer 25 (35b) , C. Chilcott 5-0-15-1

Run rate starting to get to acceptable levels.

Raghav

Did you see the rating for their spinner, he was the weakest bowler in their XI. It wouldn't surprise me if the next best spinner is like two level below the 4th seamer or something. I'm sure the windy conditions helped my spinners, but the fact that they are reliable would have made more of a difference. If I played my 3rd spinner ahead of Ashok I probably would have lost, due to poor death bowling.
yes good point.

By having a look at all the teams, I am the worst in div 1. I am feared being the last of the lot in div 1

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
By having a look at all the teams, I am the worst in div 1. I am feared being the last of the lot in div 1
You had the worst side rating wise last season as well. Still came 4th. There really isn't enough gap between ratings yet for it to make much difference.

Raghav

You had the worst side rating wise last season as well. Still came 4th. There really isn't enough gap between ratings yet for it to make much difference.
I feel that the difference in ratings is more wider now than the last season... thats been a big worry for me

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I don't think ratings make too much of a difference at this stage, it's not uncommon to see people win with 15k lower than the loser. I lost one just a couple of weeks ago.

19.5 W Illman to Hill : [catch] Wonderful delivery from Illman which moves away after pitching. Hill looking to drive through the off side, not fully in position to drive, gets the edge through to Frost.
H. Hill c A. Frost b. R. Illman 33 (53b 1x4 0x6) SR:62.26

Wouldn't mind another wicket soon.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fish boy in a spot of trouble

End of over 31 (4 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(140-4). 124 runs required from 19 overs. RR 4.52 RRR 6.53
J. Hatton 7 (12b) , W. Newstead 0 (3b) , M. Stevens 6-0-28-0

Both not out batsmen have been dropped.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dismal middle order, yeah.

End of over 32 (8 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(148-5). 116 runs required from 18 overs. RR 4.62 RRR 6.44
J. Hatton 13 (14b) , S. Weeks 1 (1b) , C. Chilcott 6-0-23-2

Would like 40 runs and Hatton staying in, then there's a chance.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
If Hatton goes I'm pretty confident of a win. Looks like it could be down to a close finish though. I'm not too confident about the last ten overs because Illman has pretty low technique so may be expensive.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 48 (19 runs) - Dai-Gurren Brigade(273-5) RR 5.69
V. Campbell 4 (5b) , G. Joseph 60 (47b) , S. Souza 9-0-77-0

God awful bowling from Souza :mad:

Majin

International Debutant
Haha yeah was ****ting it facing up to a national team fast bowler but apparently my players didn't feel the same way.

But, despite posting a total that much exceeded my expectations I highly doubt we'll be able to defend it 'cause batting is my strong point and I'm never comfortable unless we post something daft like 340 because our bowling is pants. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
34.5 4 Stevens to Hatton : Stevens is struggling with his run-up. He stopped halfway, got back to his mark, and delivered a gift, promptly smashed to the boundary.

35.2 6 Chilcott to Hatton : That's a good example of how to take a catch, but unfortunately for the bowling team, a member of the crowd was the one taking it - SIX into the crowd.

35.5 4 Chilcott to Hatton : Magnificent! Half a stride down the pitch and Hatton sends the ball flying over Ridgway at midwicket much to the dismay of Chilcott. One bounce before the rope means 4 to the total.

And...back on schedule. :happy:

Flying V

U19 12th Man
Haha yeah was ****ting it facing up to a national team fast bowler but apparently my players didn't feel the same way.

But, despite posting a total that much exceeded my expectations I highly doubt we'll be able to defend it 'cause batting is my strong point and I'm never comfortable unless we post something daft like 340 because our bowling is pants. :D
So pants that:

0.1 W Coley to Gama Pinto : The straight yorker did the job and the timber goes flying.
B. Gama Pinto b. W. Coley 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
0.1 wd Coley to Gama Pinto : 1 wide, down the leg side. Poor delivery.
That ends the innings of Dai-Gurren Brigade. Swamibapa CC will have a target of 289 to chase.

Pity he went to bed.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah, would be fuming if I lost from here. Well ahead of your score at same time. Weeks has been surprisingly good for me, won me a league game from an impossible position with a 100 at four and now exquisite support of Hatton. :happy:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Good match, congrats. So close to 100k.

Dynamo Morpork won by 5 wickets

Dynamo Morpork Male Models
Batting - Top Order: 6,014 5,542
Batting - Middle Order: 5,180 4,853
Batting - Tail: 2,967 2,980
Bowling - Seam: 5,100 (2) 4,910 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 5,780 (8) 4,710 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,877 5,811
Overall: 99,528 92,103

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of over 49 (7 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(264-5) RR 5.39
J. Hatton 66 (56b) , S. Weeks 58 (63b) , R. Illman 9.4-0-51-1
48.4 1 Illman to Weeks : Tickled down to fine leg where the ball is collected and returned to Frost.

And that's that. Close match. If Hatton had been held I fear this would have gone the other way.

:happy: about the ratings, if the training update had been held later it would have been 100. Still, it's Moylan-boosted.