• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW FTP Championship II

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So the league starts on week 7 and group matches go to 10. Then QFs to Finals from 11 to 13.
Why so early? There's 16 weeks in the season, might as well use them and have something to do in the offseason.

The alternative is keeping the current structure, but that will cost about twice as much to run, right? But yeah, $1 a season I should manage.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Why so early? There's 16 weeks in the season, might as well use them and have something to do in the offseason.

The alternative is keeping the current structure, but that will cost about twice as much to run, right? But yeah, $1 a season I should manage.
Would like to finish by week 14 atleast personally, not big on running into the off season. Though it not a big deal, if it clashes with other leagues team are involved in we can change things around. Also got my numbers wrong so we could start at week 9 or something.

Yeah the current format cost about $9 compared to $4 total for this. Also this format allows any team to win. The division two matches seem to lack some interest as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Agreed, sounds best. I might be playing in another league for the first nine weeks, but we could start in week 10 and in week 12 have CW friendlies on both Thursday (group) and Sunday (quarter-finals) to finish before the season is over.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed, sounds best. I might be playing in another league for the first nine weeks, but we could start in week 10 and in week 12 have CW friendlies on both Thursday (group) and Sunday (quarter-finals) to finish before the season is over.
Too short time period to organise matches if he comes down to last ball in the West Indies or something. But thinking about I would like the option myself of playing an earlier cup, so week 10 looks like a good time to start and just finish in week 15, so you still have a one week buffer is something goes wrong.

Majin

International Debutant
Haha was hoping this match with Heath would be a good one 'cause we have fairly similar squads but apparently Campbell seems to think that bowling 8 an over is "defensive" bowling so not going to be much of a contest.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha was hoping this match with Heath would be a good one 'cause we have fairly similar squads but apparently Campbell seems to think that bowling 8 an over is "defensive" bowling so not going to be much of a contest.
Jeez. Am I actually playing a CW FTP game where I have a chance of winning? This cannot last.

Score update??

Majin

International Debutant
You're 4/185 in the chase. about 20 runs ahead in the over comparison and we just put down a catch on your settled batsman. Am not pleased with that >=(

also the worst bowler in my team is coming back to bowl at the death so I am probably going to be screwed when they start teeing off in the last 10 overs so yeah

edit: 5/187! that dropped batsman out stumped. Much better. Maybe we can still make a go of this after all.

god damn it Coley is such a massive failure at life. best bowler in my team statswise yet still consistently bowls such crap even though his form is supposed to be capable as well. 14 run over for Heath, Joke of a player.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
Coley intent on carrying your lower order through it though tbh. gifted you 24 runs in two utterly **** overs and his crap spell will eventually be the reason we lost the game. Disappointing 'cause this could have been closer than it will be but ah well, that's how it goes :)

edit: hahah Ramshaw again as I post, I love that man.

edit2: another drop with you on 7/261. could prove extremely costly

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
288/8 with 12 required from 2 overs. This actually has gone down to the wire and it is HORRIBLE

Majin

International Debutant
Haha all over with four balls left. Horrible bowling from everyone on my team but Ramshaw but can;t complain too much, was getting bloody intense at the end their. Good game Heath, gratz on the win. Would enjoy another friendly down the line at some point, want revenge!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a win, surely? Happy to play another competitive friendly in the future - too many FTP games are total spankings.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I've sort of been away this week and the only time I was online to check my fixtures CW wouldn't load for me. Anyway, I challenged Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers for Sunday instead of today.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A bit of collaspe here for Geg. He lost three wickets in the last couple overs. Batty and Huntington could see them through.

End of over 37 (6 runs) - Otago(173-6). 88 runs required from 13 overs. RR 4.68 RRR 6.77
M. Batty 89 (120b) , W. Huntington 2 (3b) , S. Andrahennadi 9-0-41-2

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets v Otago >> Scorecard
Result: Jaffna Jets won by 50 runs

Jaffna Jets Otago
Batting - Top Order: 5,669 5,585
Batting - Middle Order: 5,208 5,103
Batting - Tail: 2,599 2,679
Bowling - Seam: 5,260 (6) 5,331 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,984 (4) 6,230 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,361 5,749
Overall: 95,136 95,590

Fairly easy win in the end. Deshapriya finished with a hat trick to win the match.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 43 (9 runs) - Swamibapa CC(177-6) RR 4.12
J. Otieno 36 (37b) , H. Bulinya 72 (76b) , C. McIlveen 7-0-33-0

Haji Bulynya showing more application than the rest of the top order despite losing a batting level this`morning.

189/7 now...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of over 33 (5 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(175-2). 69 runs required from 17 overs. RR 5.30 RRR 4.06
W. Archer 17 (32b) , H. Hill 74 (87b) , G. Walters 2-0-9-0

4-0, here we come. :happy:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 50 (4 runs) - Swamibapa CC(228-8) RR 4.56
B. Kwambo 1 (1b) , H. Bulinya 95 (92b) , P. Barstow 10-0-69-2

So close yet so far. I reckon medium pacers are completely useless on slow pitches on windy days. Also how the hell does a fingerspinner get 3/24 opening the bowling!? :@