• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW FTP Championship

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well guys I have been considering a few options for next season’s cup/league in FTP. This season has run fairly well so far and continued to improve in activity. We have had some issues with activity and challenges going through. But overall it has been ok.

This brings me to my proposal for next season. The proposal is to have a fully fledged CW friendly league. There was talk in the other thread of us moving countries so we can play together. But with the nature of FTP friendly system it is possible to run a proper league through friendlies with 8 CW teams, in each division.

The basic format would be one league of 8 teams to start of with. These sides will play each other once over seven rounds, plus a potential playoff round. The matches will be played on a Thursday.

With the inability to challenge teams away, there won’t be home or away teams. Like the last round of group stages the managers just challenge whoever they play, regardless whether they are home or away. I think that is best format to use to ensure all matches are played.

The way the teams would be chosen is based on three factors:
• The overall rating of the team
• The performance of team throughout the last cup
• The activity level of teams throughout the last cup and in general in the FTP thread

ATM there is 12 sides in the current cup. So the four sides that may miss out, plus any new sign ups can play in division two. The format of this will be decided depending on how many teams sign up. With the winner (and maybe runner up, depending on numbers) of that division playing a playoff with division one sides. There is the option of later on starting a youth league, but I rather start small.

The big question that I do have is whether there are enough teams that are truly active in FTP to run this effectively. Unlike a cup this requires continual activity to ensure all matches are played. This is something that has been a problem in first two additions. I’m quietly confident though that I can at least get eight active managers out of current lot to run this well. If the fixtures are regularly put up on Friday or Saturday at the latest, that should leave all managers enough time to arrange matches.

If any non FTP managers would be interested in this concept then you can sign up for FTP here.

So basically I need to know whether there are any managers that will be interested in this type of competition or would you rather continue with the cup format.

Thoughts?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Me too. Would crown a true CW champion.

One potential problem is that the FTP Cup is going to collide with the Sunday friendlies next year. But Thursdays are still free.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Me too. Would crown a true CW champion.

One potential problem is that the FTP Cup is going to collide with the Sunday friendlies next year. But Thursdays are still free.
I thought the FTP cup was going to be run on Saturday. But as long as Thursday are free for the whole season, then there would be no problems.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm up for it, haven't been paying much attention to my side recently being focused with Battrick and all, but this does sound quite promising.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd need something in place to dictate what the pitch type should be in the league games given it's supposedly a 'neutral' ground. Seems fine otherwise.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You'd need something in place to dictate what the pitch type should be in the league games given it's supposedly a 'neutral' ground. Seems fine otherwise.
Wouldn't be too hard to make pitch allocations each week, using a random number generator (or something along those lines).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Seems to be no major objections and a bit of interest in the concept. Might as well keep things rolling, cus I got a month or so to organise it. Planning to start first week of next season. So I would like to sort out the sides before the end of this season.

Going to start official sign ups. Just need you to put down your team name and ID if you know it.

1. Jaffna Jets (865)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
]1. Jaffna Jets (865)
2. Dynamo Morpork (629)
3. Central Districts (167)
4. Otago (964)
5. caves_beachcc(no idea)

Bobisback

International Regular
1. Jaffna Jets (865)
2. Dynamo Morpork (629)
4. Otago (964)
5. caves_beachcc(989)
6. Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866)

Got yours too bugssy.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Jaffna Jets (865)
2. Dynamo Morpork (629)
4. Otago (964)
5. caves_beachcc(989)

Got yours too bugssy.
thanks mate i just could not find it anywhere!

Bobisback

International Regular
Next time just click on My Club, then hover over your Manager name, in your case, Bugssy, look in the status bar and it will have teamid=xxx thats your team ID.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Jaffna Jets (865)
2. Dynamo Morpork (629)
4. Otago (964)
5. caves_beachcc(989)
7. Scaly Piscine CC (can't be arsed logging in)