• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly Piscine CC Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
Batting - Top Order: 5,623 5,424
Batting - Middle Order: 3,967 3,884
Batting - Tail: 2,254 1,581
Bowling - Seam: 4,773 (6) 5,046 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 6,682 (4) 7,036 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,809 3,590
Overall: 87,232 79,965

Scaly Piscine CC won by 127 runs

Pretty funny getting decimated by Gallagher. 41-0 to 92 all out hehe.

Bobisback

International Regular
Scaly Piscine CC Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
Batting - Top Order: 5,623 5,424
Batting - Middle Order: 3,967 3,884
Batting - Tail: 2,254 1,581
Bowling - Seam: 4,773 (6) 5,046 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 6,682 (4) 7,036 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,809 3,590
Overall: 87,232 79,965

Scaly Piscine CC won by 127 runs

Pretty funny getting decimated by Gallagher. 41-0 to 92 all out hehe.
Would have loved to see the post if my reasonable bowler ripped through you.

Scaly piscine

Depends whether he was a fast bowler or not.

Medium pacers and finger spinners are overpowered in this game. Ash seems to think they restrict the run-rate *and* take wickets like they've gone out of fashion.

Bit weird not having the first 7 wickets of your innings not require a visible fielding check either

Bobisback

International Regular
My accomplished-capable medium bowler took 2/50 and my accomplished-reliable finger spinner took 0/46. Doesnt seem too over powered to me.

Though on a positive. With only 3 decent bowlers and no keeper my ratings are pushing up near U19 ratings. Also none of those players have over poor experience. Going to be a decent couple of seasons.

Scaly piscine

Anyways reasonably happy with my ratings which was the main point. My team included two 17yos and two 18yos so 87k is pretty good.

Scaly piscine

My accomplished-capable medium bowler took 2/50 and my accomplished-reliable finger spinner took 0/46. Doesnt seem too over powered to me.

Though on a positive. With only 3 decent bowlers and no keeper my ratings are pushing up near U19 ratings. Also none of those players have over poor experience. Going to be a decent couple of seasons.
That's because your finger spinner bowled at the death, he had 0-11 off 4. Unusual to see a finger spinner go for nearly 9 an over at the end on a dry in FTP tho.

Oh and I'm the same with the experience - nobody over poor.

Bobisback

International Regular
That's because your finger spinner bowled at the death, he had 0-11 off 4. Unusual to see a finger spinner go for nearly 9 an over at the end on a dry in FTP tho.

Oh and I'm the same with the experience - nobody over poor.
Just looking through my team, only had two players with poor experience, neither of which were decent, my reasonable-reasonable quick and my reliable-average ordinary keeper.

Scaly piscine

Probably why they underperformed then. That extra level of experience probably won't add much to the ratings but it'll make a big difference to the performance.

When I first played Tomasi he had atrocious experience and he was a liability. He cost me my first ever FTP game when he went for 59 or something in a Twenty20 game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
04 Sep 2008 Silida Kularatne Experience reasonable capable
04 Sep 2008 Ariyapala Kodikara Batting capable reliable
04 Sep 2008 Kumara Sandanayake Power dreadful poor

Senior training ftw.

Majin

International Debutant
At the moment I have amassed a strong bowling attack in the youth squad but all apart from one of my best bowlers are atrocious/dreadful bats. For now it doesn't matter much as I have an ave/ave/ave allrounder who slots in at 7 but I am thinking about making him into a pure batsman as he's been largely a shower of ****e with the ball and outstanding with the bat. I was just wondering if you guys think alternating between bowling and batting tech for training would be a good way to get their batting up? Keeps their tech level in line with the bowling and gives some training to batting as well. Or if you think it would be just better to get them to a certain level of bowling and then train the batting up.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Get him to at least reasonable or capable bowling. Do bowling tech (he's young, right?) which will do his tech first, bowling second, so then you can do a pure batting net without having to worry so much about getting his tech up.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah I have four guys in the youth squad who are Reas/Ave bowlers all on bowling tech atm and all of their batting is either atrocious or dreadful. Was thinking about just doing Bowling nets until they pop bowling and then putting on batting tech until tech pops and then repeating 'cause I thought it might train their batting over time but if it is easier to just train batting purely then I'll just do that. Also what level do you reckon you should get them to? Ordinary seems like a fair level to me but seems like it could take up too much time they could be training bowling

Bobisback

International Regular
End of over 17 (11 runs) - McLovin'(73-2) RR 4.29
W. Butterworth 6 (5b) , J. Ives 34 (53b) , C. Hallalaarachchi 4-0-12-0

Playing 14th in the world, 13 in the world on Sunday. Expecting Loss Loss, but you never know with this stupid game. Another few wickets and its going to be close.

Majin

International Debutant
End of over 23 (4 runs) - Dai-Gurren Brigade(96-8). 189 runs required from 27 overs. RR 4.17 RRR 7.00
W. Coley 0 (1b) , L. Telemaque 5 (18b) , S. Rodriguez 2-1-1-5

hahaha this game is such a joke sometimes, left arm finger spinner just destroyed my team in two overs on an uneven pitch when my seam attack did **** all but leak runs all innings.

Scaly piscine

I got screwed over, I got to 141-0 off 30 overs then crawled to 255-2 in the remaining overs which of course they chased down with 11 balls to spare.

My reliable powered guy smashed all of zero boundaries in his 29 ball stay during the last 8 overs.

Bobisback

International Regular
Through to round 4 of the cup after this hilarious 1 wicket win:

Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers Reagers
Batting - Top Order: 5,428 5,695
Batting - Middle Order: 4,021 4,780
Batting - Tail: 1,544 2,507
Bowling - Seam: 5,501 (8) 6,283 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 7,036 (2) 6,435 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,109 4,870
Overall: 83,795 95,902

Good times. :laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
08 Sep 2008 Pediya Wickramapala Endurance ordinary average
08 Sep 2008 Upul Subasinghe Endurance dreadful poor
08 Sep 2008 Dharmaratna Dorenagama Endurance dreadful poor
08 Sep 2008 Hashan de Saram Bowling capable reliable

Happy with de Saram. Endurance coming along nicely only my latest YP has dreadful endurance. Though he makes up for it in ther ways.

Jaffna Jets >> 43. Hashan Keerthiratne >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Jaffna Jets Talents New Ball Bowler
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $1,780 Rating 23,459
Nationality Sri Lanka Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience poor Captaincy poor
Endurance dreadful Training Bowling
Batting reasonable Bowling average
Technique average Power ordinary
Keeping dreadful Fielding dreadful

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My 19 yo Dutch bowler popped in technique to capable, so is now capable-capable. Probably not international-worthy, though, Hak?