• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Admirable idea, but it likely won't work. Managers will agree to it initially, but will probably raise their budgets over time.
Quite. Been tried a couple of times already itbt, had a legendary backfire in Bangladesh.

However, a concerted effort to make managers aware that they're throwing money out of the window somewhat might work. We had that in South Africa 10-12 weeks back, and academy investments have plummeted (though in fairness, that may be due to a large amount of new teams)

Anyway, good luck with the Braves. (pull Dutch once in a while pls)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
BEST Indies 414/5 (50.0)
Browne 124 off 84

almighty warriors 138 (38.5)

Blades 5-0-18-3

BEST Indies won by 276 runs

Biggest win in club history :cool:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't posted this for a while, can't see many changes in the near future, so seems a good time to post it.

Code:
Player	        Age	BT	End	Bat	Bowl	Tech	Power	Keep	Field
A Kodikara	19	rfs	avg	capab	dread	reas	ordin	dread	poor
S Buultjens	25	lfs	avg	capab	poor	reas	ordin	dread	poor
[COLOR="Blue"]K Sandanayake  	23	lfs	ordin	reli	atroc	reas	dread	poor	poor
S Ariyadasa  	18	rfs	ordin	reli	avg	avg	dread	atroc	atroc[/COLOR]
*S Kularatne	20	rm	avg	capab	dread	reas	ordin	avg	ordin
+H Ratnayake	20	rm	reas	reas	poor	avg	poor	avg	dread
B Danth'yana	18	rm	avg	capab	reas	reas	poor	dread	dread
[COLOR="blue"]S Andra'nadi   	18	rm	avg	reas	capab	avg	avg	ordin	poor
N Ashok  	20	rm	capab	poor	capab	capab	dread	poor	avg
C Deshapriya   	24	rfs	ordin	poor	reli	ordin	ordin	poor	avg
D Dalpathado  	18	rfs	ordin	dread	reli	reas	ordin	atroc	dread[/COLOR]
Got six internationals in the side now, but none seem to be close to making the starting XI. So I guess that is good thing come International tours. Endurance is coming along, but going to get all the guys at ordinary up to average at the start of next season. Ratnayake the only weak link in the side ATM, but his reliable experience makes him one of my better batsmen.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haven't posted this for a while, can't see many changes in the near future, so seems a good time to post it.

Code:
Player	        Age	BT	End	Bat	Bowl	Tech	Power	Keep	Field
A Kodikara	19	rfs	avg	capab	dread	reas	ordin	dread	poor
S Buultjens	25	lfs	avg	capab	poor	reas	ordin	dread	poor
[COLOR="Blue"]K Sandanayake  	23	lfs	ordin	reli	atroc	reas	dread	poor	poor
S Ariyadasa  	18	rfs	ordin	reli	avg	avg	dread	atroc	atroc[/COLOR]
*S Kularatne	20	rm	avg	capab	dread	reas	ordin	avg	ordin
+H Ratnayake	20	rm	reas	reas	poor	avg	poor	avg	dread
B Danth'yana	18	rm	avg	capab	reas	reas	poor	dread	dread
[COLOR="blue"]S Andra'nadi   	18	rm	avg	reas	capab	avg	avg	ordin	poor
N Ashok  	20	rm	capab	poor	capab	capab	dread	poor	avg
C Deshapriya   	24	rfs	ordin	poor	reli	ordin	ordin	poor	avg
D Dalpathado  	18	rfs	ordin	dread	reli	reas	ordin	atroc	dread[/COLOR]
Got six internationals in the side now, but none seem to be close to making the starting XI. So I guess that is good thing come International tours. Endurance is coming along, but going to get all the guys at ordinary up to average at the start of next season. Ratnayake the only weak link in the side ATM, but his reliable experience makes him one of my better batsmen.
A reflection on the quality of your NT team imo.

NZTailender

You do realise that the Sri Lanka NT side has the highest FTP ratings in the world?
No, but you have a higher 'best' rating in FTP than me. Doesn't mean too much.

My point being is that you've got 6 of your players picked (I assume the ones in blue) for NT but they're not that great.

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
May as well post my team as well. Not very strong if you look at the primaries/technique but endurance has a fairly large effect. I'm looking to get them all to at least capable endurance by the beginning of next season and maybe average fielding.

Code:
Player	                Age	BT	End	Bat	Bowl	Tech	Power	Keep	Field

Rhys Ridgway    	23  	lfs  	reas  	capab  	poor  	capab  	poor  	dread  	ordin
Robert Saker    	24  	rfm  	capab  	capab  	poor  	avg  	ordin  	dread  	poor
Wally Dick    	        28  	lm  	reas  	reas  	poor  	avg  	avg  	poor  	dread
Dawn Allanson    	25    	rfm  	reas  	reas  	poor  	avg  	dread  	poor  	ordin
Thomas Belsak    	23    	rf  	reas  	reas  	poor  	ordin  	ordin  	ordin  	ordin
+*Alex Frost    	22    	rfm  	capab  	reas  	dread  	avg  	ordin  	reas  	ordin
Colin McCloy    	24    	rfs  	avg  	reas  	avg  	avg  	avg  	poor  	ordin
Craig Chilcott    	21    	rfm  	reas  	ordin  	reas  	ordin  	avg  	ordin  	avg
Jack Carew    	        21    	lm  	avg  	avg  	reas  	avg  	dread  	poor  	ordin
Michael Stevens    	26    	rm  	reli  	poor  	reas  	avg  	ordin  	avg  	poor
Randal Illman    	19    	rws  	ordin  	dread  	reli  	ordin  	dread  	poor  	poor

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No, but you have a higher 'best' rating in FTP than me. Doesn't mean too much.

My point being is that you've got 6 of your players picked (I assume the ones in blue) for NT but they're not that great.
There really isn't that many NT players in general that are that 'great.' Most are just better then average for all countries. One of main reasons why countries like Australia and England aren't that far ahead and teams like Bangladesh are decent at U19 level. At present having a NT players doesn't mean that much. They are just the best of the current lot.

Ashok and Deshapriya even though they are International players could quite easier be dropped for capable/capable seamer if the pitch suited extra pace, more batting or a better captain. They only make the side ahead of him, due to experience.

None of my International players are that far ahead of the rest of my squad. Have like 17 capable plus players. So our strength is in depth not the quality of Internationals.

NZTailender

There really isn't that many NT players in general that are that 'great.' Most are just better then average for all countries. One of main reasons why countries like Australia and England aren't that far ahead and teams like Bangladesh are decent at U19 level. At present having a NT players doesn't mean that much. They are just the best of the current lot.

Ashok and Deshapriya even though they are International players could quite easier be dropped for capable/capable seamer if the pitch suited extra pace, more batting or a better captain. They only make the side ahead of him, due to experience.

None of my International players are that far ahead of the rest of my squad. Have like 17 capable plus players. So our strength is in depth not the quality of Internationals.
I meant that I have better players than you have posted there but only one of them is in the national squad.

But I think that could be to do with some ******** selection from NZ nat managers. Deadset it grinds my gears - managers have posted their players on the forum (current stats) and I have better players, yet theirs are in the squad. So dire.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Murubi takes 3-34 for the u19s and Bin Lostwalleti makes his international debut batting at 3:)

and he gets out on 36 :cry:

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I meant that I have better players than you have posted there but only one of them is in the national squad.

But I think that could be to do with some ******** selection from NZ nat managers. Deadset it grinds my gears - managers have posted their players on the forum (current stats) and I have better players, yet theirs are in the squad. So dire.
Well Sandanayake and Deshapriya make the squad cus there isn't many reilable players in Sri Lanka. Neither are that close to starting XI cus of their lowish endurance and technique. Mind you considering how crap the Sri Lankan bowlers are Deshapriya should be one of first guys picked IMO, regardless of his tech or endurance. As no one else can take wickets as their primaries are too low.

Ashok makes the squad as the NT manager has this stupid preference for players with high technique, endurance and power. Basically wants perfect players even if they have low primaries. Which I personally think is stupid and Ashok should be no where near an NT squad.

U19 wise only Dalpathado would make other squads IMO. Andrahennadi and Ariyadasa only make it as the Sri Lanka U19 side is fairly poor.

So yeah the main reason I have six is due to stupid selections and lack of high skilled players. Not really cus I have some awsome top end players. I never actually claimed I did, was just pointing out the facts.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worked out my future team & squad a short while ago. I've projected what I think their skills will be, erring on the cautious side. This would be the side for a dusty pitch

First skill listed is endurance, then it's their relevant primary/primaries and technique.

Code:
Projected First XI - start of next season

Bat Gardiner  20yo reasonable  capable-reliable              3xp 3pow 3field   Opener
RFS Hogg      22yo reasonable  reasonable/reliable -ave      7xp 4pow 3field   Seam Sp.
Bat George    26yo reasonable  capable-reasonable            6xp 8pow 3field   Skill(tech)
Bat Jones     19yo average     reliable-reasonable           2xp 3pow 3field   Skill(bat)
Bat Yatawara  19yo average     accomplished-capable          3xp 2pow 3field   Spin Sp.
RWS Verco     19yo ordinary    accomplished/ordinary -cap    2xp 3pow 2field   Gift(bow)
RFM Gibbs     24yo capable     capable/capable -ave          6xp 6pow 4field   Gift(bow)
RM  Moysey    26yo reliable    reasonable/average -rea       8xp 8pow 4field   Spin Sp. slower ball
W/K Fitzptrck 19yo ordinary    reas bat/expert keep -ave     2xp 3pow 3field   Gift(keep)
RFS McFarlane 19yo reasonable  dreadful/reliable  -cap       3xp 3pow 4field   Skill(bow)
RFS Taylor    19yo reasonable  dreadful/reliable  -cap       3xp 4pow 3field   Skill(bow)/New Ball
1 = atrocious, 2 = dreadful, 3 = poor etc.
Edit: If you download the squad in numbers format then it actually starts at 0

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
A pop to capable technique, a fielding pop and a power pop(on fitness training).

Decent enough YP, I might keep him.

Avanimohana Trisanu >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Male Models Talents Bouncer
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $1,198 Rating 21,052
Nationality Bangladesh Bangladesh Age 16
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance poor Training Batting Technique
Batting average Bowling poor
Technique ordinary Power poor
Keeping average Fielding dreadful

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pulled a ****ty youth. So much for going Sri Lankan.

Had a good load of skill increases though. Pagon's looking pretty ace!

06 Jul 2008 Lawrence Pagon Technique ordinary average
06 Jul 2008 Steve Loader Endurance poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 James Smart Batting average reasonable
06 Jul 2008 Daniel Johnson Technique poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 Ajakara Polavarapu Keeping average reasonable
06 Jul 2008 Victor Ovenden Batting ordinary average
06 Jul 2008 Lawrence Pagon Batting ordinary average

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
06 Jul 2008 Linford Arthur Bowling poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 Bront Williams Bowling reasonable capable
06 Jul 2008 Wesley Wight Endurance ordinary average
06 Jul 2008 Brian Jordan Batting reasonable capable
06 Jul 2008 Leroy Arrowsmith Endurance poor ordinary

Jordan has capable WK as well, might promote him to the senior side soon to get some experience. Is there much difference in training time between the youth and senior academy (assuming they are at roughly the same level)?

Went for an allrounder, not the worst but lacks technique and endurance.

Asterix XI >> Samuel Bullen >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Asterix XI Talents Skilled (Technique), Gifted (Power)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $876 Rating 16,995
Nationality West Indies West Indies Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy reasonable
Endurance dreadful Training All-rounder
Batting ordinary Bowling ordinary
Technique dreadful Power poor
Keeping atrocious Fielding ordinary

Bobisback

International Regular
06 Jul 2008 Linford Arthur Bowling poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 Bront Williams Bowling reasonable capable
06 Jul 2008 Wesley Wight Endurance ordinary average
06 Jul 2008 Brian Jordan Batting reasonable capable
06 Jul 2008 Leroy Arrowsmith Endurance poor ordinary

Jordan has capable WK as well, might promote him to the senior side soon to get some experience. Is there much difference in training time between the youth and senior academy (assuming they are at roughly the same level)?

Went for an allrounder, not the worst but lacks technique and endurance.

Asterix XI >> Samuel Bullen >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Asterix XI Talents Skilled (Technique), Gifted (Power)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $876 Rating 16,995
Nationality West Indies West Indies Age 16
Experience dreadful Captaincy reasonable
Endurance dreadful Training All-rounder
Batting ordinary Bowling ordinary
Technique dreadful Power poor
Keeping atrocious Fielding ordinary
No point promoting him, all players under 20 will be automatically in the youth squad next season. Cbf finding the post on the forums about it, someone might explain a bit more.

07 Jul 2008 Mahmood Ameen Technique ordinary average
07 Jul 2008 Arawinda Munasinghe Bowling average reasonable

Poor week.

NZTailender

Otago >> Klaas Melkert >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Otago Talents Prodigy
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $850 Rating 18,412
Nationality Netherlands Netherlands Age 17
Experience atrocious Captaincy atrocious
Endurance poor Training Keeper-Batsman
Batting poor Bowling ordinary
Technique dreadful Power average
Keeping ordinary Fielding dreadful

06 Jul 2008 Bastiaan Tilman Endurance poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 Luc van der Hoeven Batting average reasonable
06 Jul 2008 Hans Fingleton Technique poor ordinary
06 Jul 2008 Rolf Oosterhout Technique average reasonable

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets >> Silida Bartholomeusz >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Jaffna Jets Talents Gifted (Batting)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $684 Rating 13,019
Nationality Sri Lanka Age 17
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy poor
Endurance poor Training Bowling Technique
Batting poor Bowling ordinary
Technique atrocious Power atrocious
Keeping atrocious Fielding poor

07 Jul 2008 Chandradasa Dominguez Technique average reasonable
07 Jul 2008 Hashan de Saram Bowling reasonable capable
07 Jul 2008 Menika Wickremasinghe Batting reasonable capable
07 Jul 2008 Aravinda Flindall Keeping poor ordinary
07 Jul 2008 Padman Thaliry Endurance atrocious dreadful
07 Jul 2008 Pramodya Nadeeka Technique dreadful poor

Decent week. Will keep Silida Bartholomeusz for a bit.