• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No need to sell anyone just yet, unless you want money to buy in players. Until your squad starts to hit 25 you don't really need to sell players. Also some guys need to get the odd bit of fielding training. Apart from that, just watch them develop. Technique is not that bad, but I would get a few guys with poor technique up. But thats just my personally training style.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been doing quite a bit of 'technique' training on those player with poor or less technique. It seems to take a fair time to increase technique. This includes van der Berg, Johnson, de Groot, Cooper and Balchin - who all look decent players, but short on technique.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Asked for a sub fourm btw, getting a bit too active for just this section. Would be good if you guys can pop in and give it support.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I've been doing quite a bit of 'technique' training on those player with poor or less technique. It seems to take a fair time to increase technique. This includes van der Berg, Johnson, de Groot, Cooper and Balchin - who all look decent players, but short on technique.
I only trained my guys up to basic level of ordinary, due to time it takes. Long term though I can see the benefits of getting players technique on par with primaries. Just depends on how you want to develop your players really.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting pull:

Ernest Alexander >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Scaly Piscine CC Talents New Ball Bowler, Safe Hands
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $1,768 Rating 25,938
Nationality England Age 17
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience poor Captaincy reasonable
Endurance ordinary Training Keeping
Batting reasonable Bowling ordinary
Technique dreadful Power poor
Keeping reasonable Fielding average

Not sure whether he'll be better than my other two keepers or not, depends how useful the 'safe hands' talent is.

Majin

International Debutant
Got another fairly useless youth pull, haven;t had a GOOD one yet, but at least he got ord endurance and average power I suppose. Meh. On the plus side though, extremely pleased with the pops in my youth team.

Code:
Date	        Player Name	Skill	        From	        To
16 Jun 2008 	George Marsden 	Bowling 	poor 	        ordinary
16 Jun 2008 	Leroy Abraham 	Batting 	ordinary 	average
16 Jun 2008 	Kelvin Demming 	Bowling 	ordinary 	average
16 Jun 2008 	McDonald Greaves Batting 	poor 	        ordinary
16 Jun 2008 	Vivian Tang 	Technique 	dreadful 	poor
16 Jun 2008 	Adzil Powell 	Endurance 	ordinary 	average
16 Jun 2008 	Simon Haydar 	Bowling 	ordinary 	average
So yeah, good stuff.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
2 pops today.

How ****ing much does it take for my YA to pop, invested the $100K max this week and nothing. :@

Majin

International Debutant
Hahahaah dude, Just had such a fairytale T20 match, I love it so much. Was up against the undefeated League leaders, and I had rested a couple of my first team because they were knackered and I was trying to get them in top shape for the match against my friend on thursday. Anyway they were my two allrounders, so brought in two of my reserve batsmen.

Bowled first and did a great job, restricted them to 117 all out, two spinners taking 5 between them and everyone else chipping in, opening bowler took 3 as well. Then we started batting and for a long time we were behind them. openers and captain did crap, were well behind the runrate and then at 27/3 the two second string replacements were at the crease together. 91 run partnership ensued and they won the game for us with ages to spare, both finishing not out. Vishal Maxwell the hero with 59* off 39 balls, but Michael Howell refused to play second fiddle and smashed 16 runs in an over to tie the scores right at the end. Was a beautiful game.

Bobisback

International Regular
Eagles Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
Batting - Top Order: 4,744 4,612
Batting - Middle Order: 3,400 3,070
Batting - Tail: 2,110 1,427
Bowling - Seam: 4,059 (4) 4,496 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,046 (6) 5,433 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 4,197 3,746
Overall: 74,753 69,664

Won by 5 wickets, easy. Will be interesting to see my bowling ratings with Indrani and Fuard instead of Smart and my 17yr old Average.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
**** week for training. Only one pop for the YS the other day and today only a power pop and two experience pops. At least the exp pops were on good players.