• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
Managed to chase down 314 today but made it more bloody difficult than it could have been. Some utterly dire bowling and fielding.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Got the top youth side in Sri Lanka now. Pretty happy with that, considering they are all Jaffna locals. Well we got a few from Colombo, but it works for Queensland in League. A bit surprised as we have never had that much quality from the youths. But I guess we are pretty average by world standard.

Still better then Dwyer's show ponys. :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sold some of my seniors, but I still have 27 players. Will sell some more, but is there anyone I should simply fire?

Got 800k atm, welcome to suggestions as to what to do with it. My academies are only reasonable so I'm now investing 10k above the average in both.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Banker can just go, I think. I wouldn't pay for Harman, but maybe someone is stupid enough to punt on his alleged huge strike rate. Croft not very useful either, but someone could bite.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Holding on to Branker as I have no WK, been bidding on some but no luck yet. Croft and Mckenzie were listed earlier without bids. Might list Harman, listed a 30yo with poor bat/bowl and expert power and got a bid.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Holding on to Branker as I have no WK, been bidding on some but no luck yet. Croft and Mckenzie were listed earlier without bids. Might list Harman, listed a 30yo with poor bat/bowl and expert power and got a bid.
You do have a few ordinary keepers that you can train up.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought ordinary would be too low to bother with tbh. Only one who isn't a bowler is Reid, could train him I suppose. Is WK particularly important in FTP?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Thought ordinary would be too low to bother with tbh. Only one who isn't a bowler is Reid, could train him I suppose. Is WK particularly important in FTP?
Yes and No. It is meant to make a significant to the game and you do noticed drop catches in the commentary. But from what I've seen that aspects seems pretty random. Ratings wise you do notice a major impact of the quality of a keeper, so that might be an indication to its overall impact.

I personally only have 3 average keepers and 1 ordinary keeper. The only one I'm training keeping wise is the ordinary keeper, as he has gifted keeping. Main reason why I'm training him is to improve ratings, not cus I think it makes a difference in the matches. Rather have a keeper win you matches with the bat, then the gloves.

But I could and am probably wrong about the importance of keepers and fielding in general.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I'd definitely put batting before keeping. The best keeper I've got is only reasonable, I have a capable one in the youth team but he's only ordinary batting at the moment so he's being trained on that. Fielding and technique play a fairly significant part as a keeper too apparently.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I'd be looking to exploit the ignorance of the transfer market personally, someone like Allan Thompson for instance would fetch a fortune but aren't really any better than a well rounded reasonable-reasonable and they go for a few hundred thousand. You might decide you need someone like Thompson too much to sell of course or you want to wait a bit longer and see if you can fetch way over a million when he's accomplished or something.

Someone like Jules Alfred on the other hand I would be loathed to sell, he's got awesome technique and experience and this won't be properly reflected in his market price.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Decided to pull from SL today and got a 16yo prodigy! Unfortunately he looks like this:

This player is for sale on the transfer market Male Models >> Asanta Vindana >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Male Models Talents Bouncer, Prodigy
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $520 Rating 13,604
Nationality Sri Lanka Sri Lanka Age 16
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance poor Training Fitness
Batting dreadful Bowling dreadful
Technique dreadful Power poor
Keeping poor Fielding poor

Would be a good training experiment though.

Bobisback

International Regular
Had a semi-decent week in training:

2x batting to Reliable
2x bowling to Reasonable and Average
1x Technique to Reasonable on a Reliable bat.

Youth pull was fired.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheers for the advice all.

Had two pops in my youth squad, 17yo to capable bat and 18yo to capable bowl. Also got this youth pull, seems decent enough:

Asterix XI >> Leonard Boardman >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Asterix XI Talents Gifted (Fielding)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $1,150 Rating 19,036
Nationality Australia Australia Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy poor
Endurance dreadful Training Keeping
Batting dreadful Bowling reasonable
Technique ordinary Power dreadful
Keeping poor Fielding ordinary
Notes

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers for the advice all.

Had two pops in my youth squad, 17yo to capable bat and 18yo to capable bowl. Also got this youth pull, seems decent enough:

Asterix XI >> Leonard Boardman >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Asterix XI Talents Gifted (Fielding)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $1,150 Rating 19,036
Nationality Australia Australia Age 16
Experience dreadful Captaincy poor
Endurance dreadful Training Keeping
Batting dreadful Bowling reasonable
Technique ordinary Power dreadful
Keeping poor Fielding ordinary
Notes

I hate you:dry:

Oh and on your squad. I would look at getting rid of Croft and McKenize soonish. As players start to plop at 30 and unlike BT, a player can plop in any skill..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets >> 30. Hetuhamy Gunarathnam >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Jaffna Jets Talents Prodigy
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $960 Rating 19,738
Nationality Sri Lanka Age 17
Experience dreadful Captaincy reliable
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling Technique
Batting dreadful Bowling average
Technique poor Power ordinary
Keeping poor Fielding dreadful

Would have been gun if he was 16, but will do. Means I have 7 decents spinners in all squads. Tempted to just start playing five man spin attacks.

Had three 17yo pop to capable in their primaries as well. Plus three other various pops.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Here's my current youth team. Getting some decent players together - had 4 youth team pulls in a row with who've had 'average' bowling. Not too shabby when you consider I had no bowlers!

Thinking I need to dump a couple of the guys in the squad though. What do you think?

Scanes is the star as he's got 'gifted' bowling, though his returns on his ability are appalling at the moment.