• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
Won a fairly epic friendly by one wicket with one over to go for my youth team against my mates team today, looked dead and buried chasing 147 on a sticky wicket and were down at 93/7 but then my new signing bowler and my accidental #9 who is an atrocious bat put on a partnership of 42 with the atrocious guy scoring 24 which was great. Then in the 37th over both of them got out leaving us on 136/9 with #10 and 11 in, the bowler was a spinner that I had attempted to buy but my failure friend stole off me and we smashed the 11 runs needed off him, 6 off the penultimate ball of the over to all but win it. Loved it so much.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Had a few pops, including a 18yo (Gifted batsmen) to reilable. Will get his stamina so it doesn't impact a potential U19 selection. Knowing my luck he will still miss out.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Two batting pops and a duff YP. Oh well.

At least one of the batting pops was a skilled batter up to capable batting - good skilled players seem to be very effective.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Abdi Michieka >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Swamibapa CC Talents Skilled (Power)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $918 Rating 20,326
Nationality Kenya Kenya Age 16
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy reasonable
Endurance poor Training All-rounder
Batting ordinary Bowling ordinary
Technique poor Power poor
Keeping poor Fielding ordinary

Good pull me thinks:)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Team (Youth) BEST Indies Talents Finisher
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Left arm Finger spin
Wage $1,088 Rating 18,635
Nationality Ireland Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling
Batting reasonable Bowling atrocious
Technique poor Power dreadful
Keeping dreadful Fielding ordinary

Good pull I believe.

2 end pops also.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Won T20 by 4 wickets giving me an 11 game streak and should have it easy until next weeks youth match against the number 2 team in Bangladesh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
2.6	wd	Sutherland to Duwa : Well wide of off stump.
2.5	1	Sutherland to Saitoti : Through mid-on for a single.
2.4	[B]W[/B]	Sutherland to Lostwalleti : [runout] A terrible way to end an innings.
C. Lostwalleti run out (M. Hookes) 3 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR:60.00
2.3	1	Sutherland to Duwa : Pushed away through extra cover for a comfortable single.
2.2	.	Sutherland to Duwa : [great fielding] Stunning reflexes from Sutherland to prevent that straight drive going past him. That saved at least a couple of runs.
2.1	1	Sutherland to Lostwalleti : Angled down legside and Lostwalleti flicks it down to fine leg for a single.
End of over 2 (4 runs) - Swamibapa CC(13-4) RR 6.50
C. Duwa 0 (0b) , C. Lostwalleti 2 (3b) , N. Dilley 1-0-4-3
1.6	[B]W[/B]	Dilley to Saitoti : [catch] Short of length ball on the middle and off stump and nipping away. Saitoti moves back and pushes at it away from his body. The ball takes the edge and flies to Rogers at second slip.
G. Saitoti c H. Rogers b. N. Dilley 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
1.5	[B]W	[/B]Dilley to Odhiambo : Gone! Sharp bouncer from Dilley and it nicks the glove on the way through, Benjamin makes no mistake and the umpires raises a pudgy finger. Lostwalleti consoles Odhiambo. A near unplayable delivery.
J. Odhiambo c J. Benjamin b. N. Dilley 2 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR:66.67
1.5	wd	Dilley to Odhiambo : Very wide. Well taken by Benjamin.
1.4	2	Dilley to Odhiambo : Hit with power by Odhiambo, a mistake by Hookes, and a single becomes two. Benjamin is fuming.
1.3	.	Dilley to Odhiambo : Short one, hit the bat handle, and drops safe. Odhiambo didn't know where it was, and didn't run. It could have gone anywhere that one. Wicked delivery from Dilley.
1.2	[B]W	[/B]Dilley to Gama Pinto : Short of a length, Gama Pinto goes back instead of going forward and misses it completely. The ball knocks back the stumps.
B. Gama Pinto b. N. Dilley 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
1.1	1	Dilley to Lostwalleti : Short and wide, Lostwalleti manages to glide the ball behind square and beats the point fielder.
End of over 1 (9 runs) - Swamibapa CC(9-1) RR 9.00
B. Gama Pinto 0 (0b) , C. Lostwalleti 1 (2b) , B. Sutherland 1-0-9-1
0.6	[B]W	[/B]Sutherland to Ngwale : Gone! Ngwale falls to a pull shot. It was short, on middle stump and Ngwale pulls it weakly to square leg where Dilley takes the catch.
H. Ngwale c N. Dilley b. B. Sutherland 8 (4b 0x4 1x6) SR:200.00
Bloody Hell this was meant to be a routine victory :ranting:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Going to start cutting my squad down to size. IIRC there's a listing fee; what's the lowest skill level I should bother putting on the market? Is there a limit on the number of players I can promote to the senior squad at any time?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Going to start cutting my squad down to size. IIRC there's a listing fee; what's the lowest skill level I should bother putting on the market?
The listing fee is 1,000. Think ordinaries with decent sideskills or averages usually go for that.

Is there a limit on the number of players I can promote to the senior squad at any time?
Apart from the training efficiency hit, determined by how many more than 20 you have in the senior squad on Thursday, then no.