• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Won my youth match by 7 wickets, even though I had dire ratings. My batting is atrocious. I've only got two reasonable bats. Thankfully I've got 3 average 16yo's coming up and two average 17yo's, one who is gifted. I've got a very strong bowling attack too.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Might try to get my squad back on track after having done nothing in FTP for a season or so. Do youth players stop being trained at 19? Think most of my squad is useless and my training efficiency is alarmingly low so I might be selling a lot of my squad and trying to start from scratch. Is the market reasonably well developed yet, or should I try to make do with what I have?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Do youth players stop being trained at 19?
Yep. (Though it's apparently going to be changed next year, so that players train with the youths between 16 and 19, and with seniors from 20 and up)

Think most of my squad is useless and my training efficiency is alarmingly low so I might be selling a lot of my squad and trying to start from scratch. Is the market reasonably well developed yet, or should I try to make do with what I have?
There are reasonably decent players on the market, and with irregular sleeping patterns one ought to be able to pick up, say, average 18 year olds for little money.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might try to get my squad back on track after having done nothing in FTP for a season or so. Do youth players stop being trained at 19? Think most of my squad is useless and my training efficiency is alarmingly low so I might be selling a lot of my squad and trying to start from scratch. Is the market reasonably well developed yet, or should I try to make do with what I have?
Heh @ the size of your squads.

Yes you need to sell or promote any 19yos. Because of the changes being made you might find youths going pretty cheap end of season but that's a way off at the moment. What's happening is you won't be able to promote youths then, anyone that's 16-19yo get automatically put into your youth squad (even if they were in your seniors) and anyone else goes in your seniors - so basically teams will find themselves with more youths than they've got room for (as well as having spaces to fill in the seniors).

Anyways you can make a lot of money selling reasonable+ players even if they've crap secondaries.

Bobisback

International Regular
No NT players, was sort of hopeful but I guess the reilable+ is NT standard.

I played the same side as I did on Friday. I rest more players in this Twenty20 match and I won today match and lost Friday's OD match. Not sure if it is sign that difference between playing players with good fatigue and poor fatigue. Or just the fact your can get away with resting more players in Twenty20. Underfeated and coming first in Twenty20, not sure if I should focus more on that form. Will probably just play half a season and decide,
Tempted to through my hand in the ring for SL U19, wondering if you still were, as i know you're running in BT. Wont run against you.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tempted to through my hand in the ring for SL U19, wondering if you still were, as i know you're running in BT. Wont run against you.
Nah not anymore. Looks like I will be getting a spot as either the NT manager, or basically assistant manager. So no time one way or the other for U19s in FTP.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Four minor pops. Two endurance, One technique and One power. Also senior academy went up to good.

Just noticed fitness training gets up power, so I might try and get a everyone up to ordinary power through fitness training.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another of my seniors called up to NT, Courtney Hogg to the West Indies squad.
Courtney Hogg?? A very fast, tall, thin West Indian guy with floppy blonde hair in a 1960s throwback hair do. Capable of sending down 150kmh leg-spinners? Not surprised he got the call up!!

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Two endurance pops to capable
Two endurance pops to reasonable
One bowling pop to reasonable
Two experience pops

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If anyone interested their is spot open in the FTP Championship in Division Two. Dan and Paddy are on the waiting list, but I will accept others. Just post in the other thread.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just launched my campaign for the u19 Kenya Job.

Unlikely to get too many votes off here but hey...

PULL KENYAN TODAY!

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Giving the U-19 position in Ireland a go. Doubtfully of my chances but would have the time and commitment to the position.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
3 endurance pops
1 bowling pop

Berkeley Browne
Team (Senior) BEST Indies Talents Skilled (Power), Natural Leader
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $1,592 Rating 28,910
Nationality West Indies Age 30
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience capable Captaincy poor
Endurance reasonable Training Bowling
Batting ordinary Bowling ordinary
Technique ordinary Power expert
Keeping dreadful Fielding poor

Forrie Pilgrim
Team (Senior) BEST Indies Talents Skilled (Bowling)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Wrist spin
Wage $1,274 Rating 24,702
Nationality West Indies Age 22
Form average Fatigue rested
Experience accomplished Captaincy ordinary
Endurance poor Training Bowling
Batting ordinary Bowling average
Technique reasonable Power average
Keeping poor Fielding poor

Those two for sale atm.

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I really need a collapse here.

End of over 32 (7 runs) - Devil's Advocates(191-4). 108 runs required from 18 overs. RR 5.97 RRR 6.00
C. Kellick 90 (96b) , A. Kulmar 4 (3b) , C. Chilcott 6-0-33-1

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I've only lost a cup game and a YOD game this season, if I don't count a youth friendly at the beginning.

45.2 W Panyala to Carew : That brings joy to an old leg spinner's heart. Deceived in flight, Carew was nowhere near it and Frost removes the bails gleefully. Carew gets a sly grin from Panyala as he begins the long walk to the sheds.
D. Carew st A. Frost b. K. Panyala 18 (18b 1x4 0x6) SR:100.00
End of over 46 (1 runs) - Devil's Advocates(280-10). 19 runs required from 4 overs. RR 6.09 RRR 4.75
W. Saunders 7 (8b) , K. Panyala 7.2-0-39-1
Male Models won by 18 runs