• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Bobisback

International Regular
Bah. Tied a game against an opposition wildly worse than me on ratings. (Wasn't helped by the star allrounder getting himself run out :dry: ) They didn't even manage to make five off the rotten bowler's last over either - seems like team innings are made in vacuum and not considering the pitch or other team's score.
Lost to this ****.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my friendly against an old nemesis, chased down NorCricket's 244/9 in 49 overs with three wickets to spare.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
When are we starting this?

I've already got a friendly with caves_beachcc on the 18th, so will that count for the cup, or would we play again? I don't have a problem either way.
That's perfect.

Attemtion: All FTP Cup players
Try and make your cup matches as close as you can to the 18th.
So Adam, Bobisback and Smith get your challenge to your opponent in there ASAP. The sooner the better but if you're having trouble just say and you will have to catch up later.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't recall signing up to this cup tbh, but whatever. I already had a friendly v geg scheduled for the 18th anyway, can't we just count that?

pasag

RTDAS
Just joined up, team is Saggers Mob, didn't take the opportunity to put in the apostrophe. Have no idea about what's going on there either.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Already had a friendly against clapham on the 18th.
Excellent.

When your games are done post who won by how much and which players did well. We'll have a player of the tournament. Which will have nominees and then a vote.
All games are go.

Bobisback

International Regular
The Youth One Day match between Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers and Jaffna Jets has begun with Jaffna Jets winning the toss and electing to bowl.

Code:
End of over 14 (11 runs) - Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers(86-0) RR 6.14
Baddewithana 23 (37b), de Saram 50 (53b), Dominguez 3-0-29-0
The future Sri Lanka nat player de Saram notching up his 50 in style, against the not so future nat player Dominguez. Fairly sure neither of us set orders here. So anything could happen. :laugh:

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
The results from my youth game. I had lower ratings but still managed a convincing win. Not sure if he set orders or not.

Male Models 239/6 (40)
Maynard 122 (126), Homburg 21 (17)

Wolston Warriors
213/7 (40)
Ritossa 40/2 (8), Campbell 43/2 (8)

Match Ratings
Wolston Warriors Male Models
Batting - Top Order: 1,511 1,886
Batting - Middle Order: 1,999 1,662
Batting - Tail: 2,120 1,410
Bowling - Seam: 2,110 (4) 2,152 (3)
Bowling - Spin: 1,940 (1) 1,947 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 2,758 2,608
Overall: 44,570 41,812

I got three pops in my youth team today too.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
End of over 40 (6 runs) - Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers(266-4) RR 6.65
Goonatilleke 41 (32b), Inman 6 (6b), Ferdinands 8-0-51-0
I think it will be tough to chase that, even with my hopeless bowlers.

had 5 youth pops. 4 stamina and 1 technique.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my young guns friendly game!

caves_beachcc defeated Pomtastic by 105 runs
caves_beachcc 1st Innings
Extras: (b 13, lb 8, w 2, nb 5) 28
Total: (8 wickets, 40 overs) 243
C. Hotchin run out 40(34)
G. Marsh not out 38*(27)

Pomtastic 1st Innings
Extras: (b 22, lb 4, w 3, nb 4) 33
Total: (10 wickets, 26.3 overs) 138
J. Mason 4 - 13 of 5.3 overs with 3 maidens

good win for the young fellas!

always up for a friendly game guys

Caves_beachcc

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No orders set also for me, figured i'll let the rookies do what they want.

End of over 26 (10 runs) - Jaffna Jets(165-1). 102 runs required from 14 overs. RR 6.35 RRR 7.29
Candappa 79 (88b), de Mel 10 (8b), Hathurusingha 5-0-39-0

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my youth game by 40-odd runs, overall rating was 44,000 iirc. Had five pops, all to dreadful. I think 'atrocious' might be similar to 'useless' in BT in that if you train it at all it will pop straight away.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dwyer won by 17 runs, had a look at my squad and i got three youth players above poor (3). Going to be a long season for rookies.