• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Dominated my OD match tstl, made 3/414 (Owen 131* off 75) and bowled them out for 193. Ratings are crap (64k overall), not too bothered though as I've sold a few good players and have been buying as many youngish players with ordinary+ batting/bowling I can find. Figure I'll be able to train a few dozen of them and cash in later since there's no training limit yet.

I'll update the cup thing tomorrow, cbf right now. Might just end up doing fixtures for you lazy ****s as not many fixtures were organised iirc.
cool

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, although there weren't actually many people who didn't play a game last week I think it'll be best if I just put up fixtures as people seem to find this system confusing.

The only match this week which affected the table was Saggers Mob (10) beating Jaffna Jets (8). All other matches involved the higher seed winning, and two matches were disallowed as they weren't within the challenge rules (3 places above). Added Jamee's 999ers, DCC_legend's team (not sure what it's called), Alternative XI and BEST Indies (headhunter) to the table. Two teams that didn't play a match dropped places.

1. The Winners
2. caves_beachcc
3. Male Models
4. Asterix XI
5. Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
6. Dynamo Morpork
7. Saggers Mob
8. Wheelabarrowback
9.Jaffna Jets
10.Central Districts
11.Otago
12.Jamee's 999ers
13.DCC_Legend
14.Alternative XI
15.BEST Indies
16. [add your name to join]

Basically the fixtures will be on a two week cycle. The first week will be 2v1, 5v3, 6v4, 9v7, 10v8, 13v11, 14v12, 16v15. The second week will be 1v3, 4v2, 7v5, 8v6, 11v9, 12v10, 15v13, 14v16. Same deal applies, if you beat someone you take their place and vice versa. The draw can be amended easily to accomodate more teams if necessary.

Rules:
- home team must challenge by Saturday 00:00 FTP time
- failure to challenge = forfeit (if you've already made a challenge and are worried about it not being accepted, mention in this thread that you've already made the challenge)
- failure to accept = forfeit (assuming the challenge was made on time)
- the match can be scheduled for either Thursday or Sunday
- Senior OD matches unless by mutual agreement, i.e. the away team has the right to refuse other challenges

The limitation of this system is that it means you can only move up/down two places per week - however, if teams play their matches on Thursday and schedule another match for Sunday I'll allow those matches to count as well. The second match can be against whoever, but both teams have to agree to it counting towards the table.

Fixtures for this week therefore (home team listed first):

caves_beachcc v The Winners
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers v Male Models
Dynamo Morpork v Asterix XI
Jaffna Jets v Saggers Mob
Central Districts v Wheelabarrowback
DCC_Legend's team v Otago
Alternative XI v Jamee's 999ers
BEST Indies - bye, unless someone fills the 16th spot soon

Hopefully that's simple enough.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I got challanged by Bugs to a match next Sunday. Will that match count to anything, or just be another game for my boys to get smashed.

EDIT: Challenged Saggers for Thursday

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
You'll have to play your scheduled match v Saggers Mob first (it'll have to be on Thursday if you're playing on Sunday already), after that it's up to buggsy whether or not the match counts.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have challenged the winners but i am unable to make it before the 15th of november!

is that ok.unless i can cancell games i have accepted.

and on the 11th i all ready have a friendly against jafna jets i am not fused if its counted towards it or not, is there anyway if need be me and jafna (tharmi can cancel the friendly is it going to through everything out of wack or not)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
if there is space and there is time, may i join the tounimount?
You can join as the no. 16 so you'll be playing BEST Indies this week. Post your team name so they can challenge you or challenge them at their place.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I'm starting to not like this game, this is the third time I've lost on the last ball. Got a few decent pops though.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
oh, dear im sorry i got the two mixed up i will go and alter it, asap

i sometimes get so confused
been having truble loggig in, the computor is so slow and it frezzes ever so offen,

sorry.