• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bundled out in round one :ranting:

I HATE FLAT WICKETS
I'm still trying to figure out how a non-attack kept my top order to 66-4 off 22.5 overs on a flat on Friday.

I mean seriously

Bowling - Seam: 9,538 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 9,843 (4)

Starring 2 mediums and a finger spinner

versus

Batting - Top Order: 10,567

Completely ludicrous.

Fortunately my only non-outstanding summary guy smashed 124 off 105 and Duncan shredded their entire middle order so I won by 92 runs.

Scaly piscine

Speaking of Duncan knocking over batsmen...

6.6 W Duncan to Lostwalleti : [catch] What was Lostwalleti thinking? Either have a go, or leave it alone. A nothing shot gives the easiest of catches to Mitchell.
B. Lostwalleti c E. Mitchell b. R. Duncan 1 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR:12.50

Bobisback

International Regular
So how's everyone doing in the cup... getting to the vaguely interesting stages where there's the odd decent opponent turning up and Bob gets dumped out with a 25% ratings advantage.
Yeah expecting to get smashed by a 135k team next week. Too late to change my pitch from uneven to dry, so going to go sticky, and throw everything I have at them. Thankfully my 4 nats will be nice and rested :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have a bot in my SOD fixture this week, so I can go all out in my cup fixture. Was going to throw it but after seeing my potential run up to the 5th round it's def worth playing.

Edit: lost my first T20 match of the season due to resting players, though. Was against the team who was equal first with me.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
High Places >> Ayobahu Seshan >> Details
Player Details
Team High Places Talents Prodigy, Opener
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $3,864 Rating 31,848
Nationality Bangladesh Bangladesh Age 20
Form capable Fatigue energetic
Experience ordinary Captaincy average
Endurance reasonable Training Batting
Batting accomplished Bowling atrocious
Technique accomplished Power poor
Keeping dreadful Fielding average

High Places >> Wolfgang Voigt >> Details
Player Details
Team High Places Talents Opener, Sturdy
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Wrist spin
Wage $4,809 Rating 33,790
Nationality Netherlands Netherlands Age 20
Form average Fatigue satisfactory
Experience average Captaincy accomplished
Endurance capable Training Bowling Technique
Batting dreadful Bowling expert
Technique accomplished Power poor
Keeping dreadful Fielding average

Buy those two. Thanks.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You must really want that 16yo prodigy, Earlobe! 2 mill opening bid, that's more than twice the money I have in the bank!

FTR to everyone else

The Gangsta's >> Gareth Burke >> Details
Player Details
Team The Gangsta's Talents Prodigy
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $1,676 Rating 28,713
Nationality West Indies Age 16
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience poor Captaincy ordinary
Endurance average
Batting average Bowling reasonable
Technique ordinary Power average
Keeping ordinary Fielding ordinary

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Yeah I couldn't resist him with prodigy and those secondaries. I'll get his batting to reasonable, then bowling tech until he's 20. He should easily be out/exp by then.

Bobisback

International Regular
Yeah I couldn't resist him with prodigy and those secondaries. I'll get his batting to reasonable, then bowling tech until he's 20. He should easily be out/exp by then.
I hope your academy is like Lavish, though I assume it isnt, as you're in India. He would be insane by 20 with a huge academy.

Scaly piscine

Hmm got 27 off my highest total match ratings, oh well. Should have picked my left armer instead of Verco - I should know by now pitches don't work properly and a dobber would be as effective as a wrist spinner.

Son Of Coco

Am enjoying this season of FTP. Have only lost two games, but have to juggle the finances a bit at the moment as I think I might have bought a little too extravagantly. Have cut out some money to the academy this week I think to keep the funds around the $150000 mark.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of over 37 (2 runs) - Goldy's Eagles(195-5). 97 runs required from 13 overs. RR 5.27 RRR 7.46
B. Umrigar 0 (1b) , R. Munir 58 (59b) , B. Gow 9-2-51-3

Geg about 50/50 from here to go to the round of 16, hopefully i will make it 2 CW teams in the 16, my match starts at 4:30 FTP time.

Bobisback

International Regular
Otago won by 21 runs

W. Huntington, J. Short, S. Tanveer are tired.

End of over 50 (1 run) - Goldy's Eagles(270-10). 22 runs required from 0 overs. RR 5.40 RRR 0.00
S. Tanveer 0 (2b) , J. Short 9.1-0-56-0
49.1 1 W Short to Ilango : [runout] Ilango nudges it down to fine leg and charges for the second run, Tanveer is interested only in the single but when he turns around Ilango was already halfway down the pitch, it's too late for Ilango to get back to his crease.
A. Ilango run out (A. McGregor) 56 (42b 4x4 1x6) SR:133.33

Congrats geg, now my match in an hour, hopefully I will be joining you.

Bobisback

International Regular
Cheers. Good luck with your match, would be itstl if we faced each other in the cup.
Well, seeing we're on separate halves of the draws, we could only face each other in the final. So lets hope we do.

Team Wins Losses Ties Win %
Otago 8 0 0 100.00
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers 0 8 0 0.00

Although, that says alot.

End of over 24 (maiden) - Revolution(100-3) RR 4.17
J. McPetrie 0 (3b) , D. McLean 27 (37b) , D. Dwyer 7-1-30-2

This game started horribly, playing 2 spinners on a green showed my lack of depth in the bowling department. Though now, my spinners are bringing it back to me, hopefully Kuruvilla can stay economical, and the wickets should just fall. Anything below 250 would make this a very good game.

Bobisback

International Regular
Result: Jaffna Jets won by 1 wicket

Alright, not just geg through to the round of 16.

End of over 50 (12 runs) - Revolution(266-4) RR 5.32
G. Griffiths 43 (26b) , D. McLean 111 (122b) , G. Nitu 10-1-72-1

I will not be joining you guys, horrible effort from my bowlers on a green/sunny track.