• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea, I only have two guys who've promoted who aren't yet ordinary fielding. This is one of them:

16. James Verco >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Scaly Piscine CC Talents Gifted (Bowling)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Wrist spin
Wage $4,768 Rating 33,363
Nationality England Age 21
Form average Fatigue passable
Experience ordinary Captaincy poor
Endurance reasonable Training Bowling
Batting accomplished Bowling capable
Technique accomplished Power poor
Keeping dreadful Fielding dreadful

Him being a decent bowling option is more urgent.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Every time I pay attention to fielding (mainly miss fields, drop chances and great fielding). I still see my players with ordinary plus fielding miss chances or field poorly. Though I think that stuff is random. Have noticed guys with better fielders take more catches in ODs. Twenty20 and Youth ODs seems pretty random.

I don't know just think your better off spending more time training power and endurance then fielding.

Scaly piscine

Yea you won't notice the difference just looking at games. It makes sense that one level of fielding would at most give you a few extra percent because the scale goes from atrocious to legendary - even if atrocious was 0% and legendary 100% (which it won't be obviously) that would be about 7% per level difference.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yea you won't notice the difference just looking at games. It makes sense that one level of fielding would at most give you a few extra percent because the scale goes from atrocious to legendary - even if atrocious was 0% and legendary 100% (which it won't be obviously) that would be about 7% per level difference.
Surely you would noticed the difference between an atrocious fielder and average fielder though. Maybe not in matches, but atleast in overall catches during a season/career. The fact that a then poor fielder (now ordinary) is my leading catcher in Twenty20 seems to indicate it is all pretty random.

Scaly piscine

Yes as I say you won't see a difference just looking at games, if you take a more analytical approach (look at season stats, collect data etc.) then you should see a difference.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
hahahahhaha I was banned from the FTP forums.

TBH I would say the exact same thing if someone told me to train a 16yo Sri Lankan in fielding. Not that I have any good ones.
No I mean fielding in general, like a training regime would be primary/tech to cap/cap and then fielding to ord and then back to primary/tech training

Every time I pay attention to fielding (mainly miss fields, drop chances and great fielding). I still see my players with ordinary plus fielding miss chances or field poorly. Though I think that stuff is random. Have noticed guys with better fielders take more catches in ODs. Twenty20 and Youth ODs seems pretty random.

I don't know just think your better off spending more time training power and endurance then fielding.
You'll notice fielding a lot more if your team has a lot greater fielding than the opposing side. Far less runscoring chances, and far more runouts.

Basically fielding and power are the two most underrated stats on FTP, and since power can't be trained in youth, fielding is the ideal way to get just that bit ahead.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It is all relative though. The more time you spend on fielding, the further behind you might be in primaries. Depending on how much time you spend on endurdance and power as well. You can balance it out and still have good primaries. But much rather they super endurance and power and ok fielding. Then decent in all three and on par primaries.

Having seen quite a few U19 NT players. The best players primary wise were always the ones with little training in the other areas. They weren't always the best performing players, but the rounded players where generally a level or two behind and didn't perform as well. Your not going to pick a side based on fielding. Maybe it might be criteria of the final spot. But primaries are what get you into sides.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
Having seen quite a few U19 NT players. The best players primary wise were always the ones with little training in the other areas. They weren't always the best performing players, but the rounded players where generally a level or two behind and didn't perform as well. Your not going to pick a side based on fielding. Maybe it might be criteria of the final spot. But primaries are what get you into sides.
As assistant to the World Cup winning U19 side, I can assure you all our players were incredibly well rounded, good endurance, fielding and technique. The primary heavy sides all failed miserably.

Also unbanned from the forums, DZ had made a mistake when I was banned and permabanned me by accident. xDD :laugh:

Bobisback

International Regular
My 2nd best performing player in the WC was a 17yr old Accomplished-Reliable bat with dreadful power and poor endurance. Im fairly sure that my rounded players didnt make 10 runs or take 5 wickets between them. But my players were nothing like the WI's ones.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
There is always the difference between individual performance and team performance. Fielding doesn't really affect an individual's ability to bat or bowl, it does however make the team harder to score runs/get runouts against. A high fielding team will lose less bats from runouts, and give out less scoring chances, and a high endurance team will perform much better later on in the cup. All in all individual performances don't really come out from that.

Majin

International Debutant
Love my T20 league, 4 people rated better than me, but I'm in first place undefeated so far while all these high ranking teams fail miserably 'cause their managers are dumb. Just beat a team rated about 13k better than me, and the scorecard makes it look like we walked all over them when for the longest time it looked like we were screwed. If he hadn't have bowled his best bowlers overs all out right from the start but brought them back into the attack later he might have won, as it is we cruised it by 6 wickets with 3 overs left.

Then again he must have had some stupid orders in humid conditions on an uneven pitch 'cause his top order was rated as 6k and my barely scraping 5k seamers had him 4/17 after 4 overs.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
I won a closely rated game today due to tactics+fielding, and probably the importance of technique.

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

I had the better match ratings but I had put out a bit better squad by replacing a spinner with my 19 year old LM Franklin. Taaffe finally performed somehow which was a very pleasant surprise, but after my batting decimated his bowlers, due to his bad fielding, I then destroyed his batting lineup. He must have had some terrible orders though. Watching mine and Dan's games unfold was brilliant, Dan was very much doom and gloom and then cruised to a massive victory!

Majin

International Debutant
haven't had any primary pops for about a month, no worthwhile ones anway, gutted itbt. had a random one today though

Team (Youth) Dai-Gurren Brigade Talents Slower Ball, Safe Hands
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast
Wage $1,470 Rating 29,220
Nationality West Indies West Indies Age 17
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience poor Captaincy accomplished
Endurance average Training Bowling
Batting ordinary Bowling average
Technique average Power average
Keeping dreadful Fielding average

only played 2 games as captain for me and pops already ahaha, so random. as good as my SOD captain now

Burgers

Cricket Spectator
Managed to get into the last 64 of the Cup, with a 6 wicket win over Jaffna Jets, also got my highest ever ratings by quite a margin. Most of that would have to be attributed to the purchase of Adeel Raja from Kent Spitfires.

Anyway, I face the Yorkshire Puddings this week and I'm away, crossing my fingers but I'm not too optimistic about my chances.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
Two epic pops this week: Tommy Boy to Reliable Bowling:

Wishbone Ash >> Tom Sieunarine >> DetailsPlayer Details
Team (Youth) Wishbone Ash Talents Skilled (Bowling)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $2,364 Rating 26,117
Nationality West Indies Age 19
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience poor Captaincy poor
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling
Batting dreadful Bowling reliable
Technique reliable Power poor
Keeping atrocious Fielding ordinary

And Robert Fripp to Accomplished:

Wishbone Ash >> 70. Robert Fripp >> DetailsPlayer Details
Team (Youth) Wishbone Ash Talents Gifted (Bowling)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Medium
Wage $3,210 Rating 30,112
Nationality West Indies Age 19
Form reliable Fatigue energetic
Experience ordinary Captaincy reasonable
Endurance average Training Bowling Technique
Batting dreadful Bowling accomplished
Technique reliable Power ordinary
Keeping dreadful Fielding average

Man my youth squad will miss them when they leave :( although Tommy Boy is on the Senior XI only atm.

Majin

International Debutant
The best pop I had yesterday was my Youth Academy popping tbf lawl. Was wondering, does anyone have any idea about how much we have to pay per level or what? From what I gather from my finance page it pops every 500K but obv that is just a guess.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone want a game on Sunday. Don't mind home or away even if your in England/West Indies or South Africa (crap timezones).