• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Bobisback

International Regular
So pissed off atm. Was hoping the pitch would change to sticky, thought 2 days was enough, turns out im an idiot. Still cant believe I lost.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
My spinners are fairly gun on dry. But it my batting the main reason why I don't play on sticky. They don't know what end of bat to use when the ball moves around a lot.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whenever I've played an OD on a sticky it's the quicker seamers (FM/F) that have done all the damage anyway, finger spinners have been pretty ordinary on them. McFarlane averages like mid 20s on them which is crap for him. Gibbs averages low teens.

Last edited:

Burgers

Cricket Spectator
Hi all, recognised a few names here and signed up. I have the same username in FTP, team name Creamburgers. Also outgoing Dutch U19 manager, will try and post a bit around here as I used to do on Sportal, as Sportal's thread has died now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hi all, recognised a few names here and signed up. I have the same username in FTP, team name Creamburgers. Also outgoing Dutch U19 manager, will try and post a bit around here as I used to do on Sportal, as Sportal's thread has died now.
Hi mate :) I'm a bit more active here :ph34r:

Majin

International Debutant
Code:
A hattrick for Gillette!
3.1	W	Gillette to Martin : It's up! Ward is coming round quickly for it... and takes the catch! Rash thinking and a bit of premeditation from Martin has him on the way back to the pavilion.
C. Martin c L. Ward b. H. Gillette 1 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR:11.11

End of over 2 (maiden) - Rupununi Cricket Club(0-2). 169 runs required from 38 overs. RR 0.00 RRR 4.45
A. Fillmore 0 (0b) , C. Martin 0 (6b) , H. Gillette 1-1-0-2
1.6	W	Gillette to Elloit : Trapped on the crease to a full, inswinging delivery, Elloit looks down at his feet as if he knows his fate.
B. Elloit lbw b. H. Gillette 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
1.5	W	Gillette to Parry : [catch] Short down the leg side, it was close to the body. Parry looks to pull, gets a glove to it, and it goes straight into the gloves of Smith, who takes it gleefully.
am choking on my own glee. playing my shockingly weakened by promotion youth team on a sticky in humid conditions, managed to get to 168 runs batting first and then Gillette destroys them with a hattrick right off the bat, so god damn awesome. poncy reas/reas bowler with no power getting a hattrick ahahaha. Had a dropped catch off my other bowler as well, should be rolling them really even with my joke bowling attack.

edit: now has figures for 4 for 1 run from 2.4 overs :D

edit2: awesome, all out in 16.1 overs. Going by the ratings it looks like the dude severely underestimated my nubs and put out half a team, got 70k ratings last week and 63 today, so that makes it all the more sweeter.

Last edited:

Flying V

U19 12th Man
No pops and getting more and more annoyed with snotty managers when I tell them what to train their 16 year old south african hopefuls on. Basically just get: "Who are you and why" or "What the hell do you mean train fielding to ordinary in a seasons time? What good would that do!" Just with worse english or massive aggressiveness.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No pops and getting more and more annoyed with snotty managers when I tell them what to train their 16 year old south african hopefuls on. Basically just get: "Who are you and why" or "What the hell do you mean train fielding to ordinary in a seasons time? What good would that do!" Just with worse english or massive aggressiveness.
You should be used to that living in Middlesbrough though. Particularly around the time the grossly overpaid football team is putting another nail in the relegation coffin.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
You should be used to that living in Middlesbrough though. Particularly around the time the grossly overpaid football team is putting another nail in the relegation coffin.
Luckily I don't follow Middlesbrough, or the premier league at all anymore for that matter.

Majin

International Debutant
Code:
End of over 50 (14 runs) - Dai-Gurren Brigade(403-0) RR 8.06
C. Dalkin 200 (158b) , M. Greaves 191 (147b) , J. Dougan 10-0-88-0
Nice bit of bot bashing there. Dalkin is the perfect bot basher, only ave/ave batsman but Reliable exp + power and Capable endurance make him perfect to smash nubs around.

Coley came in to kill the innings off with 4 wickets in 4 balls to end up with 5-13, so a good day at the office all told.