• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It's ok. I'm not sure what's happening with the cup now.
Read post 105.

These are the only games from yesterday's lot of friendlies that counted towards the Cup as far as I'm aware:

The Winners (1) defeated Saggers Mob (10) by 5 wickets
Asterix XI (4) defeated Wheelabarrowback (5) by 107 runs

So no change to the table then.

1. The Winners
2. caves_beachcc
3. Male Models
4. Asterix XI
5. Wheelabarrowback
6. Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
7. Otago
8. Central Districts
9. Dynamo Morpork
10.Saggers Mob
11.Jaffna Jets
12.Jamee's 999ers
14. [put your name down to join]

There are a few matches scheduled for tomorrow. From next week I'll enforce the rules regarding challenges (i.e. you can only challenge teams up to three places higher than your own). Note that, because there are two friendlies per week, rankings might change mid-week. If that happens and results in the team you challenged being more than three places above yours, the match will still count as long as the team was within three places of yours when the challenge was issued.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Had two tech pops for my youth side. On track for a win in my youth league game, they need 8.88 an over. Mind you they will probably get it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Challenges made:

Central Districts @ 25th Oct (tommorow matchday)
Saggers Mob @ 30th Oct
Dynamo Morpork @ 1 Nov

Is that what your meant to do challenge the three sides above you?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I said you can challenge any team up to three places higher than your own. You don't have to challenge all teams up to three places higher than your own.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ihave issued 2 friendlies

v The Winners

v Wheelabarrowback

and how does this work for the top teams!
(i.e. you can only challenge teams up to three places higher than your own)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The top team can challenge be challenged by the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team. The idea is to reach 1st and stay there. I don't think it's particularly complicated.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Seems a bit strange only lower ranked side challenge though, A bit too much like professional boxing, when you get some old farts who don't box anyone and stay at number one.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever, i'll just go with the flow.

Won my Youth League match, with a poor/deadful batsmen scoring a 50, go figure.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
The top team can challenge be challenged by the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team. The idea is to reach 1st and stay there. I don't think it's particularly complicated.
sorry to sound stupid lol so i can only challenge the team above me or teams below me can challenge me, but if no one challenges me what do i do? or can i challenge the teams below me or there is no point as teams should want to knock me off 2nd spot!

Bobisback

International Regular
Aaaaaaaaaaaadaam! I dont get it, so we throw the ball down at a guy and he has to hit it? Dont see what the point is.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
End of over 50 (5 runs) - Saggers Mob(249-9) RR 4.98
Barstow 5 (4b), Jesberg 68 (84b), Shubhabrata 10-0-36-3

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Have i lost yet FTP doesn't seem to work for me.
Needing 25 from 8.3 overs with Sandanayke on 93*. Sounds easy.

Close finish at Treacle Mine Road...

End of over 42 (5 runs) - Otago(182-6). 57 runs required from 8 overs. RR 4.33 RRR 7.12
Huntington 12 (12b), Reed 25 (33b), Burns 6-0-21-1

pasag

RTDAS
Won my youth match by 4 wickets, chasing down 226.

Beat Jamee in our friendly by 62 runs. Posted 249 batting first and had them all out for 187 with Richardson taking 4-24.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Today's matches:

The Winners (1) defeated Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (6) by 27 runs
caves_beachcc (2) defeated Asterix XI (4) by 6 wickets
Dynamo Morpork (9) defeated Otago (7) by 12 runs
Jaffna Jets (11) defeated Central Districts (8) by 5 wickets
Saggers Mob (10) defeated Jamee's 999ers (12) by 62 runs

1. The Winners
2. caves_beachcc
3. Male Models
4. Asterix XI
5. Wheelabarrowback
6. Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers
7. Dynamo Morpork
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Otago
10.Saggers Mob
11.Central Districts
12.Jamee's 999ers
14. [put your name down to join]

Morpork goes to 7 and Jaffna to 8, no changes otherwise. As I said from next week rules will be enforced (see post 105). If you can't work it out, tough.