• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London 2012

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Signed myself up on volunteer2012 aaages ago :cool: :cool: :cool:
Difference is I'll be 26, experienced in something, qualified in other stuff, and hugely talented.

You'll be 19 and pretty useless.

Actually, could have me telling you what to do for two weeks. Would work.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm already looking forward to this.

Who's thinking of going?

I wouldn't mind spending an extended Summer holiday over there in 2012.

I think the Poms will do a swell job of hosting it.
I cant make my mind up about 2012

On one hand London is one of very few genuine global cities, has a magnificent history and is based in a country with wealth and fantastic sporting heritage.

On the other hand there is a recent history of administrative incompetence, the country has pretty low morale and it isnt a country that sparks a positive vibe. And the weather is poor and prices sky high.

Could go either way imo. Hope it is the former with an Olympics to remember.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah true, also if any of the long-distance track events are shortened due to rain he can state the winner by Duckworth-Lewis

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Project to be finishing Uni about then probably. Could easily see myself watching some handball or beach volleyball.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the same time as my HSC :(. So probably won't even watch it.
Haha, unlikely. I was watching the Ashes the morning of all my final exams.

Anyway, just found out that one of my good friend's up here from Australia is moving back to start training for the 2012 Olympics as a rower. Might give me an excuse to go there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What time of year is it on? September or a bit earlier?

I just ask because I flicked the cricket on last night, thought about the Games in 4 years and well, without wanting to be rude, you really need to buy a climate.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Should have it in a different country IMO, would be better weather.
Maybe true but the Olympics have not been held at a major First World capital city without a boycott since Rome 1960.

London lends an increased element of 'glory' (for want of a better world) to the Olympics (even if it rains) after the games have been trawling around secondary cities for half a century.