• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best moment of these Games

pasag

RTDAS
Women's Relay
The second Stephanie Rice race
David Jones ads
Sally McLellan
Bolt's 200
Korean cyclist falling into a ditch

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the German weightlifter was awesome. Also loved the kayaker representing Togo. What a champ.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
That guy who won the Open Water swim after having Leukemia must have been pretty special, even if he did beat the British guy into silver.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eric Shanteau must be up there. Only came 10th in the 200m breastroke, failing to make the final, but has put off treatment for testicular cancer to compete.

One almost hesitates to call it "ballsy", but... :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There have been 17 of these great moments so far tbh :ph34r:

The ones dav and Brumby said seem hard to go past, though

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steph Rice - 3 Gold, deadset stunner
Sally McLellan - hurdling silver
Anna Mears - Womens Sprint Silver medal, 7 months ago she had a broken neck
Phelps - 8 gold
Bolt - 200m, whoa, WR into a headwind ffs
Patrick Mills - announced himself as a star of the future in Basketball, wonderful tournament

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Best moments for me would have to be "Super Saturday" with the rowers, Roulston and Vili securing five Kiwi medals, and Willis' bronze in the 1500m.

Chubb

International Regular
Matthias Steiner

Benjamin Boukpeti taking the bronze for Togo- it should have been more, but you can't begrudge him

The coxless four final was a superb race: "THE BRITISH ARE COMING! THE BRITISH ARE COMING!", felt sorry for Australia but even if they'd held on it would have been brilliant.

The team sprint victory, the first GB gold on the track, because I was concerned they wouldn't live up to the hype but as soon as that happened I knew it would be okay. Or better than okay.

The sculler twins from NZ taking the final by 100th of a second.

Kirsty Coventry single-handedly octupling Zimbabwe's medal count- eight medals in history, seven of them to her. Brian Dzingai was another highlight, finishing fourth in the 200m after the two DSQs.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya's first female Olympic Champ Pamela Jelimo

Bolt's world records

Kenenisa Bekele's 5k and 10k Olympic double.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because I'm bored, here's my top 10:

10. Stephanie Rice in the 4 x 100 IM. Whatever she's doing or not doing with Michael Phelps, this was a ****ing impressive swim. Coventry beat the WR as well but was a distant second.
9. That Russian high jumper whose name escapes me. How many times has she broken the WR now? Ridiculous.
8. Rowing - Olaf Tufte in the Single Sculls and Caroline & Georgina Evers-Swindell in the Double Sculls. Who cares about a lack of wins between Olympics when you win back-to-back Gold medals in the races that really matter?
7. Indoor Volleyball - US men's team winning two weeks after their coach's father was killed.
6. Usain Bolt in the 200m, beating Johnson's amazing record.
5. Kayaker representing Togo winning the bronze medal, snapping his paddle in celebration.
4. Jason Lezak's last 50m of the 4 x 100m relay.
3. German weightlifter
2. Phelps in the 100m butterfly. He was 7th with 50m to go. 7th!
1. Usain Bolt, 100m.

Julian87

State Captain
Bolt
Phelps
Mitcham
Elbow dislocation man
The big weightlifter
Mears
McLellan
41 year old American swimmer

POLISH WOMENS VOLLEYBALL TEAM

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure you don't mean the Russian pole vaulter Ed? IIRC she has broken the WR nigh on 20 times.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The one I enjoyed the most was probably Ohorugu's run, I watched it in the canteen in work and was watching the wrong girl for about 300m, I'm going "oh **** she's last" and my mate says "what are you on? she's 3rd," I glanced over to the right lane and saw her steaming through, awesome. Enjoyed our Boxing gold as well, but then I enjoy anything when I'm drunk that early in the day (Y)