• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dummy Spit of the Games Nominations

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's gold (or bronze as the case may be)!!!

That one and the Aussie waterpolo coach are right up there. This one might shade him because he'd walked away with a medal and still spat it.

Edit: transcript of the Water polo blow up:

"The referee is an arsehole as far as I'm concerned. How's that a kick-out [exclusion] at the end of the game? We're up by a goal, we don't want to give away an exclusion, we foul the girl, we're trying to cut back. The Hungarian player has hold of us and we get excluded. That's just total bull**** as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to kill the bastard.

"It feels like we've been robbed, … That was the most important game in our round. We win that game and we're looking good and they're struggling. Let the players decide the game not the stupid bloody referees.

"The players tried their hearts out for four quarters, and the referee goes and cruels it for them," McFadden said. "It's just not fair."

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Could you explain a bit? Ive seen the footage of the incident but I have no idea of what made him so angry to do that.
Well, in wrestling you have this 30 second period where one wrestler gets the chance to start with a back hold. If he can't score points during this period, the opponent takes the points. What happened was that the Italian won the first end (best of three), and it was 1-1 in the second end before the Italian had his chance at a hold. Midway through, the mat referee wanted to award points to the Italian, but was overruled by the other two officials and it didn't . Thus, no points were scored. Then, at the end of the 30 seconds, no points being scored, that should have given Abrahamian one point. He thought he just needed to hold on to win the end, thus didn't need to take aggressive action. Then the referees come out and award the win to the Italian, despite no points being on the scoreboard for him - basically, they conveniently forgot to give the point to Abrahamian.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
The wrestling one was understandable. However the Taekwondo one was ridiculous and disgusting. I hope he gets more than official ban from it. Something along the lines of assault with a weapon would seem appropriate.