• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weightlifting thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nastiest injuries of any Olympic event? Yes IMO.

Today provided a rather graphic example.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup, a really horrid accident. Can't begin to imagine the pain from his arm being forced into such an awkward position.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Not heard about this...what happened? Link, anyone?

EDIT: Just found a link, wish I hadn't. Feel a bit sick now, TBH. Horrifying injury, hope the guy makes a full recovery.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Have the Chinese and Koreans always been this dominant in Weightlifting?

I seem to remember it being mainly Europeans.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Yeah, good point.

Seems to be the case in so many events in these Games.

pasag

RTDAS
Remember seeing a weightlifing video where a guys bowels turned inside out and came out his ass. Wish I hadn't seen it itbt.
Wouldn't that happen if you had a hernia? I remember someone explaining those symptoms when it once happened to them and it sounded disgusting tstl and it makes sense it would happen in weightlifting.

Jakester1288

International Regular
It's amazing to watch them do this. Is must be one of the toughest sports on the agenda. Did anyone see the skinny white girl who was in the 48kg divison last week lifting real heavy weights (I can't remember the exact figures)? She didn't win, but I was just in awe of how strong they are for such a small frame (the women, anyway).

Burgey

Wouldn't that happen if you had a hernia? I remember someone explaining those symptoms when it once happened to them and it sounded disgusting tstl and it makes sense it would happen in weightlifting.
The cure is to get someone in who's good at stuffing turkeys at Christmas.

Did I just write that?