• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Track and Field thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All these threads are annoying me.
Threads about Olympic sports in the Olympic forum? Whoda thunk it?!!

Track & Field is the spotlight of the Olympics for most people, and you think there shouldn't be a thread? good one

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Could a mod change the thread title to "Olympic Athletics Thread" please. Athletes compete in athletics.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Valerie Vili to win NZ's only Track & Field gold at these Games. In fact it might be our only medal in Track & Field.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Could a mod change the thread title to "Olympic Athletics Thread" please. Athletes compete in athletics.
Found myself calling it Track & Field lately for some reason. It's odd, because when I used to run, I used to refer to training as going to the "track" but would never call the sport anything other than Athletics.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always called it Track and Field tbh, but used to say Athletics Day when I was at school.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
For me, used to be Athletics when I was a Brit, now Track and Field now Im a Yank.

I go with whatever way the wind blows :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
100m heats started. Despite the fact that he's American, I hope Tyson Gay smashes both Bolt & Powell.

_Ed_

Bolt & Powell both hugely impressive in their heats. Both slowed to a jog in the last 10.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bolt & Powell both hugely impressive in their heats. Both slowed to a jog in the last 10.
Didn't catch Powell's heat but saw Bolt cruise home in first with ridiculous ease, as you say the final 10 metres was basically a jog. It'll be one hell of a final thats for sure.

_Ed_

Again Bolt jogs in.

9.92? No way! He didn't get out of second gear!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Tyson Gay will not make the final. :ph34r: Powell and Bolt will be 1 and 2 in the final. You saw it here first.