• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Track and Field thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Dang! Just came out of the shower to find they have already done the 3000m steeplechase.

Missed Kenya's first gold at this year's Olympics

Just in time for the women's 800m final

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
High jump now (well, SF have just deigned to show it to us). C'mon Stefan Holm (geekiest & tiniest track athlete ever)

Gah. Close on 2.36 on second shot.

Geez, Silnov. Was 2.39 surely.

Silnov - Mason - Rybakov - Holm. Just been a class above these last six weeks.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cracking race. Braindead run from Richards went off like it was the McDonalds League

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should note, best night at the track and field easily. Nothing like seeing an Aussie get a medal and 2 yanks pulling off a major choke (even though an american still won)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Quality 1500 race too. Even though the favourite won. Massive sprints from Willis & Baddeley back in the field. Good night of running. :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can't really call anything in the hurdles a choke. For races like that, you're either on or you're not.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nick Willis, WAG. I was THIS CLOSE to getting up to watch it, Chief.

Haha. I had no plans to get up to watch it myself, didn't think he had a hope of a medal. That's some confidence, isn't it? Very happy to stand corrected this morning.