• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swimming Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As much as I'd like to see Phelps grab the 8 (he deserves it imo) it would be awesome for us to take it from him. The ultimate "**** you" to America.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah I think Sullivan pushed himself too hard in the 100m semi. He seemed like he wanted to prove he was the best over the Frenchy and smashed his own WR and then looked a bit lethargic in the final.

I don't pretend to be an expert though and I've enjoyed every moment of the swimming here so I'm not complaining.
Yeah, it's been great, loving these Olympics but if a few other things went our way we could have had so much more.

pasag

RTDAS
If Aus win here it will be amazing, if US win history will be made. Either way Macca will stuff it up.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, great race. Macca stuffed it up as predicted. If Phelps didn't give the US such a lead Sullivan would have creamed that. Incredible race from Rickard though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah congrats Phelps.

Pretty pleased with NZ's effort in that final too. Bunch of young blokes who'll be better in four years.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very gracious in defeat, fair play to him.

Would be absolutely spewing if it was me who'd lost to a recently-returned doper.

howardj

International Coach
Felt very disappointed for Hackett yesterday. He could have lived off that victory for the rest of his life. Instead, he leaves Beijing a gutted man, and no better than his arch enemy Perkins.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Phelps has failed the test for kryptonite :ph34r:

Great effort by Hackett, disappointed foe him - always conducted himself with a lot of grace, yesterday included.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to our "P" girls for the silver & bronze in the 10km. :happy: Is this a new event to the Olympics? Don't recall seeing it before. All swimming should be laneless IMHO.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair play to our "P" girls for the silver & bronze in the 10km. :happy: Is this a new event to the Olympics? Don't recall seeing it before. All swimming should be laneless IMHO.
Yup, new from 2008. In 1900 they swam 4 km in the Seine, that's about the closest. Been held at the World Championships since 1991 though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
another silver today for Davies. Fair play to the fella, almost got Gold and was absolutely ****ed when he finished, seems it was only the third time he's swum it.