• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sports you watch once every 4 years

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are the events that you completely forget about in between Olympics but become briefly obsessed with for the duration of the Summer Games?

Handball is one for mine. Absolutely love it. Hardly understand the rules at all, never had any NZ interest, but it's just brilliant to watch.

Jakester1288

International Regular
The running events, the Soccer occasionally and the Cycling around the track fast. I like Le Tour de France however, which is held on a early basis.

Oh, and swimming.

And, tbph, I have never seen a game of handball. I have played European handball though.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah handball for sure. Pretty sure swimming and tennis are the only sports I follow outside of the Olympics. Love the drama of the 100m especially.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Yeah handball for sure. Pretty sure swimming and tennis are the only sports I follow outside of the Olympics. Love the drama of the 100m especially.
I love watching swimming, but I don't really get a chance to watch it. I enjoy watching and occasionally playing Tennis (dire player though) and really get into the matches.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Haha (Y)

Rowing & kayaking for mine, I think. And how you can't understand the rules of handball seems...well...surely the commentators will just take a minute to explain that you can't step inside the blue area, and that's basically all you need?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got into badminton big time last time.

In 96 I watched a lot of weightlifting, it would always come on in the intervals of the track & field

BHG86

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The comedian Lee Mack does a really funny sketch about watching gymnastics every four years and nobody having a clue what is going on.

Search for it on youtube, it's worth a viewing!