• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic cycling thread

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but Hoy's probably likely to retire and so get something more substantial, Wiggins will probably still be around come London.

Hoy's achievements also a little more historic, given he's the first person to win 3 golds for GB in one Olympic games since 1908

pasag

RTDAS
Loving the BMX races, specifically the people falling over themselves. Second only to sailing in LOLfactor.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing jump from the gates ruined Walker's chances in the final - a real shame, as she had anticipated them well in the semis. Dare I say, a choke?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing jump from the gates ruined Walker's chances in the final - a real shame, as she had anticipated them well in the semis. Dare I say, a choke?
Actually I reckon she could've come back ok from that but she got basically squeezed off the track at one point coming down that second straight which did for her.

Gotta laugh at the British girl though - Walker has been quoted as saying that she's got "tons of power but no skill" - three crashes over seven races seems to have proven the point...

99*

International Debutant
Not sure if it was a choke, she did have a good run in after the first turn but got blocked, that ruined her chances of getting anywhere.

EDIT: 16tins basically says everything I was going to.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at Reade, looked like she didn't want to settle for silver tbh, nearly took the french woman out. not been a good day for us today

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Loving the BMX races, specifically the people falling over themselves. Second only to sailing in LOLfactor.
To be honest I agree, also thought that the BMX was really entertaining even though I was initially sceptical about its inclusion as an event at the Olympics.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be honest I agree, also thought that the BMX was really entertaining even though I was initially sceptical about its inclusion as an event at the Olympics.
Yeah I really enjoyed it too. Gutted that Sarah Walker ended up fourth though. But I'm sure she'll do better in 2012.