• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, awesome final set.

Rafa, what a man! Take home the gold son!

Spain vs. Chile final :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gonzalez will become the first tennis player to complete a full set of Olympic medals when he loses the final, pretty good effort frim him.

Simon

What a cool consolation for Federer. That has to feel good.
A gold medal is a gold medal regardless of if it's in singles or doubles, but I'm still guessing he will be a bit pissed he's never going to win an Olympic singles medal.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
A gold medal is a gold medal regardless of if it's in singles or doubles, but I'm still guessing he will be a bit pissed he's never going to win an Olympic singles medal.
The Olympics are just a quirky addition to the tennis circuit. When you consider the number of World champions who fail at the Olympics after four years of hard work and preparation, I think Federer should be happy he got a gold and I hope he realises it was for his country.

Simon

The Olympics are just a quirky addition to the tennis circuit. When you consider the number of World champions who fail at the Olympics after four years of hard work and preparation, I think Federer should be happy he got a gold and I hope he realises it was for his country.
I think it's got more serious these days, just have to look at who played here, you only have to go back to 96 when it was pretty much non-existant on the calender and the players didn't bother. Even the ATP changed their calender to allow players to compete.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Coverage of the Men's final about to start now on SBS. Is this live or are we watching on delay again?

_Ed_

Fair play to Dementieva for winning the gold, although it looked like Safina self-destructed a bit in that third set.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it's got more serious these days, just have to look at who played here, you only have to go back to 96 when it was pretty much non-existant on the calender and the players didn't bother. Even the ATP changed their calender to allow players to compete.
Didn't Henman get a medal in 96? :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
just looked it up, he got a doubles silver, Agassi did indeed get the gold, interested to see that Leander Paes from India got a Bronze at those Olympics