• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Tennis Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Karlović is out now. Makes things easier for Feds, I suppose (though Robredo or Berdych in round three might be hard enough)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Feds won reasonably easily - some shaky bits but Tursunov failed to take his chances - Nadal lost a set to Starace but eventually got home.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon they will after the 18th tbh.
Doesnt work like that, draws on the atp tour are randomly done so that the number 3 seed has a 50/50 chance of being draw on the same side of the draw as the number 1 or 2.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Gee how disappointing a year this is turning into for Federer and what a time for Blake to finally beat the (for the meantime anyway) world number 1. I'd like to see Novak win it now but I'd still place my bets on Nadal winning gold.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I love Rafa, but Novak at 2.62 vs. Nadal on hardcourt is too good to not take up. I put my bias aside and laid down the dough for Novak.

Whoever wins I'll be happy now.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Novak & Rafa produced a great game, delighted for Rafa and feel for Novak at the same time. You could see it meant so much to both players a real testiment as to why tennis should be in the Olympics.