• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beijing Opening Ceremony

pasag

RTDAS
Instead of starting a new thread I've just renamed this one.

Anyone know the exact time it starts? Not the telecast, but the actual ceremony.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it starts around 10pm Australian time and finishes about six months after that.

_Ed_

Think it starts around 10pm Australian time and finishes about six months after that.
:laugh:
Yeah, starts at 12am here (two and a half hours after the coverage starts) so 10pm Australian would be right.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm looking forward to Chinese tanks "accidentally" running over 400 of the athletes...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahah, good call.

Opening ceremony has been a bit OTT to be honest, with all the flashing lights and people running all over the place, must've taken quite an effort to choreograph though so credit there, impressive effort.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. Commentary's been pretty good on our coverage with enough information provided about the history behind each performance, though I've always been a fan of Keith Quinn and John McBeth so that might have something to do with my reasoning.

_Ed_

Not usually a fan of opening ceremonies but this one's been amazing, loved every minute of it so far.

Simon

Always hated the people that do the "commentary" over whats happening, it's so painfully obvious they are just reading the info off a sheet of paper.
Overall just couldn't watch much of the opening ceremony, watched for 5 minutes, turned it off for 5 minutes, then went back to it for another 5 minutes, just couldn't get into it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think this has been said before, but this really marks the emergence of the new super power. It's their coming out party, and I think the opening ceremony perfectly showed that. I enjoyed it. 19th century belonged to England, 20th to America. Will the 21st be China's?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think this has been said before, but this really marks the emergence of the new super power. It's their coming out party, and I think the opening ceremony perfectly showed that. I enjoyed it. 19th century belonged to England, 20th to America. Will the 21st be China's?
Haha coming out party.

Sorry. :ph34r:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
WTF were Australia wearing??? Someone needed to tell them it isn't the 1980's anymore they looked dreadful, though the commentators seemed to think they looked pretty good.

pasag

RTDAS
:laugh: It was an ordinary opening ceremony that had virtually nothing special in it besides the first few minutes. They may well become the next superpower, but as far as opening ceremonies go it was a yawn fest.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from the Drummers at the start, and the typewriter thing, I wasn't overly impressed either.