• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beijing Opening Ceremony

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: It was an ordinary opening ceremony that had virtually nothing special in it besides the first few minutes. They may well become the next superpower, but as far as opening ceremonies go it was a yawn fest.
Indeed - there wasn't a giant thong to be seen anywhere...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
:laugh: It was an ordinary opening ceremony that had virtually nothing special in it besides the first few minutes. They may well become the next superpower, but as far as opening ceremonies go it was a yawn fest.
Really? I thought it was the best one so far, and by far, of the ones I've seen - 1992 onwards.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah as Clapo said drums were great, the rest was meh.
I guess we'll have to disagree. I was pretty impressed, I normally don't particularly like these things, but it was amazingly choreographed and pretty amazing throughout, all the way until the torch. Which by the way, was definitely the best ever.

In any case, why was the Australian flag carrier wearing a dead yeti around his shoulders in 85 degree heat?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No doubt it was choreographed amazingly, but it just didn't wow me all that much apart from the Drums.

pasag

RTDAS
They're all amazingly choreographed, don't see how this was any different to the others. Barcelona obviously had the greatest lighting, despite being somewhat fake.

andmark

International Captain
Not usually a fan of opening ceremonies but this one's been amazing, loved every minute of it so far.
Yeah I loved this one. It was amazing the huge torch the to of the stadium. I felt gutted though when that guy ran past the Torah thing.

This one's very good: Obvious why

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which by the way, was definitely the best ever.
I disagree. While that bit was awesome and I do agree that the ceremony overall was the best ever, I don't think the torch was quite as good as Sydney where it came out of the water. Ali at Atlanta was pretty awesome too.

pasag

RTDAS
I reckon the closing ceremony was great, the opening choreography with the circles and drums was brilliant. The poms ruined it though, genuine WTF moment. Only good thing about it was Page but then they put him together with some crappy reality tv show winner and David Beckham?? Horrible.