• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Bulgaria Thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The Olympics are already going badly for Bulgaria.

Their main hope of medals were in weightlifting. However, in training every member of the team tested positive for performance enhancing substances. In responce, and to avoid embarasment, the Bulgarian Olympic Committee (BOC) has decided to pull out Bulgaria’s weightlifting team from the Olympics.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will you be supporting the Bulgarian athletes Goughy, or just taking an interest in their performance?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Will you be supporting the Bulgarian athletes Goughy, or just taking an interest in their performance?
Just taking an interest and Id like them to do well against athletes from countries I have no links to. However, I dont care either way really.

Ill be more paying an interest to the US and UK with half an eye on SA.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. Impressive start with 2-0 so far, will be interesting to see how they fare against US tomorrow night.
Gah

Bulgarian Volleyball captain removed after drug test. A strange situation.

It is high but under the maximum and he is claiming in the Bulgarian press that he has always had very high levels of testosterone.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Rumyaka Neykova first across the line in the women's single sculls.

I reserve the comment "Bulgaria's first gold medal" until the doping tests have been completed.