• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

China thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Okay, I admit that I know **** all about athletics.
Fairly sure they'll only win one gold there, hurdling.

Main gold chances will be diving, basketball, baseball, gymnastics, table tennis, weightlifting. Still mildly bemused at their favourite status, though I suppose there's a lot of medals to be won at diving.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll do well in the rowing too...a NZ team member is a family friend so I've been watching it closely. Amazing how many very strong Chinese crews have emerged in the last few years.

And if that's any indication of how much they're investing in Olympic events in general, I find it hard to believe that they won't considerably improve on their 63 medals in Athens.

andmark

International Captain
China did well in the sychronised diving events tstl. I heard a commentator saying it's their national sport. Is it there national sport?