Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Thread: India Thread

  1. #1
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008

    India Thread

    One billion + people ..Not Hoping to win any medals...thats india thread for you

    There is no hockey to hope this time around...

    if some body comes up with some thing in shooting or Archery we could win one

    and there is tennis doubles..hope atleast they can win one bronze...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  2. #2
    Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    11,113
    Wll be tough but i am hoping for atleast 3 medals TBH.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

    Manager of South Australia (WCC)

    Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

  3. #3
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,338
    @ this thread. Anyways, still rooting for India even though we probably don't have a prayer for a medal.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    One billion + people ..Not Hoping to win any medals...thats india thread for you

    There is no hockey to hope this time around...

    if some body comes up with some thing in shooting or Archery we could win one

    and there is tennis doubles..hope atleast they can win one bronze...
    I am surprised you not putting any faith in Anju George. That girl, with some luck, will bring a medal for India.


  5. #5
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008
    Dont think so..she has not crossed 6.50 in last 2 years..and that i dont think will get u any where near a medal

  6. #6
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    I am surprised you not putting any faith in Anju George. That girl, with some luck, will bring a medal for India.
    A medal still the best hope is shooting and Tennis doubles

    Leander and paes just won the first competion they are back together thats a good sign

    And last week one of the guys equled world record in trap shooting even theought we have done this a few time no one has done that in an olympics..just hoping for the best

  7. #7
    International Debutant V Reddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hyderabad,India
    Posts
    2,550
    Any hopes on Saina? .... needs a bit of luck i feel... she always seems to lose in 3 sets to the top-10 players which is good.. it atleast shows that on her day she can make it...

    At her personal best ranking of #23 now and reached the semis of a Super Series event last week.

    Yeah no hopes on Anju :-(

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    Dont think so..she has not crossed 6.50 in last 2 years..and that i dont think will get u any where near a medal
    That's why I said, she will need little bit of luck. She was 7th @ Eugene recently with 6:47. Bronze went to Russian with 6.69.

    Let's hope for the best.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    A medal still the best hope is shooting and Tennis doubles

    Leander and paes just won the first competion they are back together thats a good sign

    And last week one of the guys equled world record in trap shooting even theought we have done this a few time no one has done that in an olympics..just hoping for the best
    Paes-Bhupathi didn't win the finals, If I am not wrong they lost to the unseeded pair of Ancic and a noname. Not that it mean anything because Leander always plays his best @ events like Olympics.

    Sania isn't going to win anything, her game is too weak.

    Shooting is definitely a lot better, let's hope for the best.

  10. #10
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Paes-Bhupathi didn't win the finals, If I am not wrong they lost to the unseeded pair of Ancic and a noname. Not that it mean anything because Leander always plays his best @ events like Olympics.

    Sania isn't going to win anything, her game is too weak.

    Shooting is definitely a lot better, let's hope for the best.
    ya u r rite they didn't win it..i wrongly thought the semi win as final win

  11. #11
    International Debutant V Reddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hyderabad,India
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by V Reddy View Post
    Any hopes on Saina? .... needs a bit of luck i feel... she always seems to lose in 3 sets to the top-10 players which is good.. it atleast shows that on her day she can make it...

    At her personal best ranking of #23 now and reached the semis of a Super Series event last week.

    Yeah no hopes on Anju :-(

    At $250K Indonesia Super Series 2008

    [R2] Saina NEHWAL (IND,30) l (3) Hongyan PI (FRA,5) 21-12 18-21 16-21

    Another 3 setter against a top-10 player.. another loss :-(

  12. #12
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008
    Quote Originally Posted by V Reddy View Post
    At $250K Indonesia Super Series 2008

    [R2] Saina NEHWAL (IND,30) l (3) Hongyan PI (FRA,5) 21-12 18-21 16-21

    Another 3 setter against a top-10 player.. another loss :-(
    may be she can reverse the trend in olympics

  13. #13
    International 12th Man irfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,732
    I don't even have any hope of India winning any medals in shooting either, given we haven't had much practice against Pakistan either..........

    Reckon we have a better chance in the spelling bee tbh

  14. #14
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,338
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    I don't even have any hope of India winning any medals in shooting either, given we haven't had much practice against Pakistan either..........

    Reckon we have a better chance in the spelling bee tbh


    How awesome was that. Both finalists were Indian we couldn't lose. Although I wanted the chubby one to lose.

  15. #15
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,749
    Haha you guys watched the spelling bee too?

    I think the tall guy who came 2nd was half Indian half Mexican or something though, mum didn't look Indian.

    He also had a moustache despite only being 12 years old.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. India Thread
    By Turbinator in forum Twenty20 World Cup
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 30-06-2007, 12:26 PM
  2. India Thread
    By adharcric in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 20-03-2007, 11:08 PM
  3. **Ofiicial India v Pakistan thread**
    By 12th Man in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-01-2005, 11:31 PM
  4. **Official** Australia in India Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4043
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 04:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •