• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Thread

biased indian

International Coach
One billion + people ..Not Hoping to win any medals...thats india thread for you:laugh: :laugh:

There is no hockey to hope this time around...

if some body comes up with some thing in shooting or Archery we could win one

and there is tennis doubles..hope atleast they can win one bronze...:huh: :huh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: @ this thread. Anyways, still rooting for India even though we probably don't have a prayer for a medal.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
One billion + people ..Not Hoping to win any medals...thats india thread for you:laugh: :laugh:

There is no hockey to hope this time around...

if some body comes up with some thing in shooting or Archery we could win one

and there is tennis doubles..hope atleast they can win one bronze...:huh: :huh:
I am surprised you not putting any faith in Anju George. That girl, with some luck, will bring a medal for India.

biased indian

International Coach
Dont think so..she has not crossed 6.50 in last 2 years..and that i dont think will get u any where near a medal

biased indian

International Coach
I am surprised you not putting any faith in Anju George. That girl, with some luck, will bring a medal for India.
A medal still the best hope is shooting and Tennis doubles

Leander and paes just won the first competion they are back together thats a good sign

And last week one of the guys equled world record in trap shooting even theought we have done this a few time no one has done that in an olympics..just hoping for the best

V Reddy

International Debutant
Any hopes on Saina? .... needs a bit of luck i feel... she always seems to lose in 3 sets to the top-10 players which is good.. it atleast shows that on her day she can make it...

At her personal best ranking of #23 now and reached the semis of a Super Series event last week.

Yeah no hopes on Anju :-(

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dont think so..she has not crossed 6.50 in last 2 years..and that i dont think will get u any where near a medal
That's why I said, she will need little bit of luck. She was 7th @ Eugene recently with 6:47. Bronze went to Russian with 6.69.

Let's hope for the best.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
A medal still the best hope is shooting and Tennis doubles

Leander and paes just won the first competion they are back together thats a good sign

And last week one of the guys equled world record in trap shooting even theought we have done this a few time no one has done that in an olympics..just hoping for the best
Paes-Bhupathi didn't win the finals, If I am not wrong they lost to the unseeded pair of Ancic and a noname. Not that it mean anything because Leander always plays his best @ events like Olympics.

Sania isn't going to win anything, her game is too weak.

Shooting is definitely a lot better, let's hope for the best.

biased indian

International Coach
Paes-Bhupathi didn't win the finals, If I am not wrong they lost to the unseeded pair of Ancic and a noname. Not that it mean anything because Leander always plays his best @ events like Olympics.

Sania isn't going to win anything, her game is too weak.

Shooting is definitely a lot better, let's hope for the best.
ya u r rite they didn't win it..i wrongly thought the semi win as final win :)

V Reddy

International Debutant
Any hopes on Saina? .... needs a bit of luck i feel... she always seems to lose in 3 sets to the top-10 players which is good.. it atleast shows that on her day she can make it...

At her personal best ranking of #23 now and reached the semis of a Super Series event last week.

Yeah no hopes on Anju :-(

At $250K Indonesia Super Series 2008

[R2] Saina NEHWAL (IND,30) l (3) Hongyan PI (FRA,5) 21-12 18-21 16-21

Another 3 setter against a top-10 player.. another loss :-(

irfan

State Captain
I don't even have any hope of India winning any medals in shooting either, given we haven't had much practice against Pakistan either.......... :ph34r:

Reckon we have a better chance in the spelling bee tbh

duffer

I don't even have any hope of India winning any medals in shooting either, given we haven't had much practice against Pakistan either.......... :ph34r:

Reckon we have a better chance in the spelling bee tbh
:laugh:

How awesome was that. Both finalists were Indian we couldn't lose. Although I wanted the chubby one to lose.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha you guys watched the spelling bee too?

I think the tall guy who came 2nd was half Indian half Mexican or something though, mum didn't look Indian.

He also had a moustache despite only being 12 years old.

duffer

Haha you guys watched the spelling bee too?

I think the tall guy who came 2nd was half Indian half Mexican or something though, mum didn't look Indian.

He also had a moustache despite only being 12 years old.
Heh, woke up that morning feeling so messy from the night before, the spelling bee was the only thing I could handle at the time. Other TV made my head hurt.

Even if the runner up was a halfie I'm sure we can still claim him.