• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
A bronze last night at the track cycling for the mens team which was fantastic. :) Roulston with two medals now.

The men's triathlon starts at 2pm NZ time so about 40 minutes from now. How sensational would it be if Docherty and Gemmell could repeat the 2004 Carter-Docherty finish?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic race, Docherty finishing in third for a well deserved bronze medal. Top three were only really determined in the final 400m though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic effort by Docherty, well done to him.

Sounds like we've got a few chances in the sailing medal races coming up, think they said Tom Ashley is on top of the table going in to the medal race in his class.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair, given we've grabbed seven medals already, and still have Nick Willis, the sailers and the BMX bikers still with reasonable chances, theres a good possibility that we'll end up much higher on the medal table than expected. :)

_Ed_

Yeah that was terrific, I thought 5th or 6th would be the best he could hope for. Very happy to be proven wrong.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Superb run from Willis, seemed like he timed his sprint to perfection to pick up a bronze, delighted for him. :)

Just a shame it was on so late in New Zealand, 2.50am is not exactly a great viewing time for a Wednesday.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Both BMXers are qualified for the semis comfortably.

Dunno why the NZ news websites find it so hard to keep up to date - tvnz.co.nz is still going on about the result of the first seeding run. There's only been five more races since then 8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Ashley makes it gold #3 for NZ at these games in the men's boardsailing! Bravo, my son, bravo.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I'm gonna wind surf my way back home.

That was awesome. Coming into the race 3rd after finishing 32nd in the final qualifying race? Champion.

_Ed_

Nice efforts from our kayakers too, hope they do as well in the final.

No idea why Ben Fouhy has such low confidence, his performance in that semi suggests that he's right up there with the best in the world.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but the top 3 from the heats go straight to the final and didn't have to race in the semis. The top guy in the heats went about 6 seconds faster than Fouhy's time