• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ridiculously excessive modesty from Mahe. "It was the best I had today, I was sick but I'm not making excuses, full credit to the other guys."

Seriously, come on man.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
For crying out loud... TVNZ's coverage is pathetic, isn't it.
I don't think they had any control over what was shown towards the end of that race. TVNZ's coverage has been really good in general tonight actually IMO, basically uninterupted, interviews, medal ceremonies and all the races.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think they had any control over what was shown towards the end of that race. TVNZ's coverage has been really good in general tonight actually IMO, basically uninterupted, interviews, medal ceremonies and all the races.
I was actually moaning about the poor cut from the replay of Beef 'n' Lamb's final into the interview with Drysdale interspersed with stuttering word failure from whatsisface the presenter. Amateurish.

_Ed_

Yeah, although I don't think the interviewer has been particularly good, and Peter Montgomery should stick to sailing. Otherwise no complaints.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
It might have been by 0.01 of a sec, but by God we won a Gold medal!

I've been supporting Japan all week, feels good to cheer the Kiwis.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, although I don't think the interviewer has been particularly good, and Peter Montgomery should stick to sailing. Otherwise no complaints.
I was actually moaning about the poor cut from the replay of Beef 'n' Lamb's final into the interview with Drysdale interspersed with stuttering word failure from whatsisface the presenter. Amateurish.
Fair calls.

Hayden Roulston guaranteed a medal now. :)
What a great evening this is turning into, one gold already and at least a silver with Roulston, and with Vili still to compete in the shot put we could be celebrating more success. :)

_Ed_

Yeah, and Greg Henderson in the points race now - he was 4th in Athens.

Craig

World Traveller
It might have been by 0.01 of a sec, but by God we won a Gold medal!

I've been supporting Japan all week, feels good to cheer the Kiwis.
Yeah it was great, I thought the Germans had it, but geez they how close did they want to make it?

Fair calls.

What a great evening this is turning into, one gold already and at least a silver with Roulston, and with Vili still to compete in the shot put we could be celebrating more success. :)
Yeah hopefully. Mind you how many expected Roulston to do a ride like that last night?

_Ed_

Allison Shanks go to for Bronze tomorrow in the women's IP.
Good news, hope she does well.

Apparently our all-time record for one day is four medals, which with Roulston we'll definitely equal. Hopefully we can break it...we've got a great chance with Vili.

Perm

Amazing race from Mahe Drysdale, courageous effort. New Zealand should definitely be proud of him, would've almost been a definite for golf if he wasn't crook as a dog. Awesome stuff from the twins too, felt really good to grab a gold medal.

_Ed_

If Vili takes a medal it'll be NZ's most successful day in Olympic history...and I don't think there have been many better days in our overall sporting history, except things like the Rugby World Cup win I guess.

Perm

Awesome effort from our team today, but I do think Keith Quinn got a bit excited when he said it was the greatest day in our sporting history. Still, two golds, one silver and two bronzes is awesome considering we had nothing at the start of the day.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Five medals in a single day of Olympic competition is awesome. That'll surely go down in NZ sporting folklore. At the very least it's one of our most memorable Olympic achievements.