• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Norway Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
in an attempt to be less sarcastic.

Medal chances:

Andreas Thorkildsen - chucking the javelin
Jaysuma Saidy Ndure - special import from Gambia
Alexander Dale Oen - first swimmer from Norway since the Black Death
women's football team - led by the inimitable Solveig Gulbrandsen

women's handball team - funded by Danish milk
race walkers - er, yeah...
Olaf Tufte - who trains 1500 hours a year - possibly the Norwegian athlete who trains the most - along with running a farm
skeet shooting (I think)
Gunn Rita Dahle Flesjå - most winning athlete in women's mountainbike, though has just had a huge injury.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Expect Norway to have a strong shooting team? Or can they only do that with skis on :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched the Norwegian women's football team play Sweden on the Gold Coast before the 2000 Olympics. Top night! :happy:

Flying V

U19 12th Man
After the dire, shameful performance at the winter olympics we need at least four or five gold medals here to redeem ourselves. What's worse is that once the winter olympics were over the Norwegians started winning everything again :(

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
First gold for Norway! What a sprint from Olaf Tufte!

To boot, Tore Brovold won silver in skeet shooting 15 minutes ago. Top work.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
First gold for Norway! What a sprint from Olaf Tufte!

To boot, Tore Brovold won silver in skeet shooting 15 minutes ago. Top work.
Obviously I'm disappointed that Drysdale didn't win it, but congrats to the Norwegian rower for what I believe is back to back Olympic golds.