• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Channel 7 are so ****ing ****. Sally McLellan ran her semis for the 100m hurdles about 45 minutes ago, yet ch7 are still showing gymnastics, despite the fact that there are no Australians in it whatsoever. Nice work ****s
Is there not an interactive service available in Australia?

pasag

RTDAS
Very disappointing from the Hockeyroos. Were two down right after half time and came back to 2-2 with 8 minutes to go but ran out of time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, was a good watch. The Chinese players getting sent off was pretty :laugh:

Also, was it just me or were the Hockeyroos 50% models? Haha, every second lady seemed to be taken straight from Hitler's perfect race.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not on free TV, no. Australia, technology wise, is ridiculously behind the rest of the world in almost every facet.
That's not cool, and there's no online coverage either? I guess the BBC must be providing some of the best coverage in the world in some ways, you can pretty much watch whatever you want if you have BBCi (which is free, you just need a digibox) or the internet

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That's not cool, and there's no online coverage either? I guess the BBC must be providing some of the best coverage in the world in some ways, you can pretty much watch whatever you want if you have BBCi (which is free, you just need a digibox) or the internet
Yeah, Norway is pretty close from what I gather, though only two choices on the TV (shows anything in the internet, but rarely with commentary). Switzerland is dire for internet watching (only one stream, which currently has two hours of synchronised swimming and yesterday showed showjumping over athletics), but has the advantage of lying in between all countries, so if you are near a TV you can zap a lot.

*/threadjack*

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the coverage that they show over here is just taken from the BBC coverage as well, they don't seem to send their own commentators to every sport, which doesn't really matter i guess, but it might seem a bit annoying to the aussies when they get overly excited about the British athletes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Channel 7 here is really poor, cant present any sport whatsoever. All's we get is what they give us and SBS get whatever is left over

Channel 9 have the rights for London 2012 along with Foxtel having 6 dedicated channels for it, will be awesome.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dazza though (y)

Hopefully Rabs hasn't fallen off the perch by then so he can call the swimming as well :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha ffs, some knob competing for us in the BMX actually changed his name legally to Kamakazi.

Burgey

Dazza though (y)

Hopefully Rabs hasn't fallen off the perch by then so he can call the swimming as well :p
He'll be stretching it a bit judging by his intake when I saw him at Castle Hill Golf Club recently :ph34r:

It'll be good just to have different people do these sports I reckon. The Seven guys and girls just seem so ho hum about things these Olympics.

Burgey

Look, I think our people have done really well and done their best etc. etc. and I'm not having a chop at them.

But it burns my cheese no end we're behind the 4 countries of the UK in the gold medal stakes. Heck, I've even heard some of their gold medallists are English.

That's all I'm saying.

Edit: and here's a blog entry from the SMH today which also addresses this disturbing trend:

The Poms are back
August 20, 2008 | John Birmingham

Okay, all that stuff I said about just doing your best and being proud of even getting to the Olympics. Fuggedabouddit.

This is serious. The Poms are back.

I don't know what happened, where they've been, what's going on here, but every time I check the medal tally there they are, hanging around like a fart in a telephone booth.

I thought these guys gave up on sport back in the 1980s. Didn't Margaret Thatcher sell off all their school ovals to some Euro-Arab investment house to build gas processing plants and car parks or something? Aren't there more pools in Mt Isa than the whole of the United Kingdom? Come on, help me out here. Frankly I don't care where we sit on the tally as long as it's somewhere in front of those gappy toothed sock and sandal wearing bastards.

They've pinched our coaches, our training methods and now, apparently, our rather embarrassing national neediness psychosis where the whole country's sense of self worth is based almost entirely on the fortunes of a handful of athletes. Especially if they're beating us.

I know it must be galling to the rest of the world to have their global sports carnival reduced to the status of a post colonial grudge match between two of the lesser English speaking powers, but let's face it, that is what the Olympics are all about now.

Sorry China, you wasted those billions you just spent. America? Don't worry about your national decline. It's irrelevant.

Tunisia, Togo, Oingo Boingo, whatever. Nice work in whatever it was you won. But let's just remember you're all a support act.

This gig is now all about convicts and jailers settling some old scores in London in four years' time.

Last edited: