• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah, the other 10 (Antarctica doesn't count) are awarded globally.

That said, Oceania only gets 7 free spots in 20 wrestling disciplines, so he has earned it.
**** me, thats a good effort.

Wonder if there is a global qualifying tournament, fight to the death (with respawn turned on) ftw

Oh and burgey...its Deakes

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be a huge achievement if Mottram can even grab a medal in Beijing. He's obviously capable of it, but it will be some effort.

Jakester1288

International Regular
There is a girl who used to go to my school competing in the Bejing Olympics. Spinksy to tell us the name, so I can watch out for her.

I know that she will be in the Triathlon events, and I think her initials are MF, or something of the likes.

EDIT: 400 posts.

ripper868

International Coach
haha, just watched bradbury win in salt lake, the crowd reaction after the race when he crosses the line and then the official result, not to mention the biased commentary...just simply:laugh:

Johnners

Kudos to Sally McLellan, led the world champ & world record holder in the 100m Hurdles over the last hurdle only to stumble and finish 2nd by photo finish. Might be an outside medal chance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steph Rice has broken up with Eamon Sullivan.

Damn it, I told her not to say anything publicly about us until AFTER the Games.

Son Of Coco

Steph Rice has broken up with Eamon Sullivan.

Damn it, I told her not to say anything publicly about us until AFTER the Games.
Hmmm, couldn't see that happening.

Good tactics though as it frees both up for a strong tilt at the Olympic village's post-event orgy.

Johnners

Love how the report of read mentioned them changing their facebook status to "not in a relationship" :laugh: Who the **** cares.

Son Of Coco

Love how the report of read mentioned them changing their facebook status to "not in a relationship" :laugh: Who the **** cares.
I like how it showed Stephanie Rice saying the thing she liked most about Sullivan on an earlier interview was 'his really cut body'...does this mean he's as exciting as a fence post and has a head like a smashed crab?

They're 19 and 22 (or something like that)...who really cares...

archie mac

International Coach
What is happening with the coverage? Don't tell me it is just channel 7:-O

We will see mostly adds, nothing but swimming and running, nothing of my favourite; High Jumps:@

Surley this should be on Fox as well so we can see more then one thing at a time8-)

Johnners

At least the whole of Australia will get to see it though, which certainly wouldn't happen if Fox got their greedy mitts on the coverage rights.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
What is happening with the coverage? Don't tell me it is just channel 7:-O

We will see mostly adds, nothing but swimming and running, nothing of my favourite; High Jumps:@
High jump men collides with absolutely nothing (well, 5000 m women heats, but Australia don't have anyone competing there), so there's a decent chance you might see the blokes.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
99% sure foxtel have no coverage at all. Would have been gun if they did and we could see some more interesting sports like Badminton, table tennis, more wrestling other than the usual non stop Gymnastics, athletics and swimming.