• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The UK Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pfft, what's this doing on the second page?

After super saturday today we could well be ahead of the Aussies on the medal table (albeit with about half their tally - Golds are the ones that count)

Those to look out for today after Adlington....Ainslie (Sailing, already guaranteed silver should take gold), Yngling (Sailing - already got bronze, need to finish ahead of the dutch to get gold), Wiggins (cycling IP), Hoy (cycling - keirin) a couple of the rowing crews have decent chances as well and Sotherton should get a medal in the heptathlon.
You could, and with 60-odd million people you'd hope it happens/happened. :happy:

I'd say it most definitely will by the next games (if not this one) now you guys are pumping more money into sports, and less into fish and chip shops.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another silver guaranteed in the men's team pursuit. Smashed the world record in the qualifying so looking good for the gold too. :cool:

Johnners

Louis Smith III wins GBs first ever gymnastic medal with a bronze on the Pommell Horse (y)

grecian

It's been good, hasn't it? Can't say I was expecting it. GIMH, no doubt getting out his bunting for the inevitable ticker-tape parade.

Have to say though, and I never thought I'd ever say this, but I'm a big fan of the Germans at the Olympics. Well the ones featured in a certain magazine, anyway:-O

Last edited:

Johnners

Expecting GB to finish ahead of us tonight unless Denmark can pull of something special here.

EDIT: Hahaha, no chance, GB smash the WR.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
UK has done really well in this Olympic. 12 Golds already is an amazing result for them.