• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things That Have Annoyed You In The Games

Piper

International Captain
The crowds for me! Its the Olympics there shouldnt be an empty seat, i know if i had the chance to go i would no arguments... :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> I have a suggestion for the 2008 Olympics

Duck hunting?

<quack> I'm hurt

Sorry, DD. What's your suggestion - tenpin bowling? (pleasepleasepleaseplease)

<quack> Nope

What then?

<quack> A game of extreme skill, thrills, spills and something to get the crowds roaring.

Lawn Darts, eh?

<quack> Yup

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Chinese Badminton
China
German Equestrian
United States
Appeals
Drug Cheats
Australia
Drunk Priests in Marathons
Russia
Inept Judges
Low Crowds
...sounds about right. I agree with Neil

Craig

World Traveller
That moron who tackled the Brazilian marathon runner while he was in the lead and IMO he would have won Gold if he wasn't tackled.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i heard a little rumour he was the same guy that ran on the to the track at the 2003 silverstone F1 grand prix... what a nutter...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
That moron who tackled the Brazilian marathon runner while he was in the lead and IMO he would have won Gold if he wasn't tackled.
from what ive heard his sportsmanship (individually anyway) was excellent- though the BOC are appealing.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
China
United States
Australia
Russia

or in rearranged order on the medal tally

1. USA 35 39 29 103
2. China 32 17 14 63
3. Russia 27 27 38 92
4. Australia 17 16 16 49

lol, typical english

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i heard a little rumour he was the same guy that ran on the to the track at the 2003 silverstone F1 grand prix... what a nutter...

thats the one

Sportal
"The Athens Olympics finished with a security scare that possibly denied a marathon runner victory, as British serial pest and religious zealot Neil Horan ran onto the road toward the end of the race and tackled the leader.

Horan made a nuisance of himself at last year's British Formula One Grand Prix by running onto the track at Silverstone and also attempted to disrupt this year's London Marathon."

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
from what ive heard his sportsmanship (individually anyway) was excellent- though the BOC are appealing.
He showed true Olympic spirit IMO (unlike some people prior to the Games, and actually at the games...)

However, the reports I've read suggest that he was being rapidly caught by the Italian and was unlikely to take Gold anyway!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
It's so inferior to proper volleyball it's not even funny.
i dont think he was referring to the actual sport or standard of play....

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
thats the one

Sportal
"The Athens Olympics finished with a security scare that possibly denied a marathon runner victory, as British serial pest and religious zealot Neil Horan ran onto the road toward the end of the race and tackled the leader.

Horan made a nuisance of himself at last year's British Formula One Grand Prix by running onto the track at Silverstone and also attempted to disrupt this year's London Marathon."
The sooner this guy is thrown into the nut job house and have the key chucked away the better.

If I was in that situation, I would teach him a lesson or two for doing such an idiotic thing (all people who disrupt sporting events by running onto the track/pitch etc. are idiots).

Waughney

International Debutant
Hey, hey, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the 'non-sport' percs of watching beach volleyball, but the main reason I liked it was (believe it or not) the game itself. I saw Pottharst and Cook play a few years ago and have been a fan of the game ever since. It is a different game to court volleyball and involves more desperation and diving. Also the fact that Australia is competitive in this sport and that I can walk down to the beach and play (unlike court volleyball) are other main reasons.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair enough, I suppose - that it is fun to play. But to me, it's a bit like preferring ODI to Test cricket because you only have time to play 20 over cricket normally. Attacking is very easy, due to the fact that there is only two players on each side, so the defenders can't catch it easy enough and plays become extremely short (hardly ever is the ball more than twice on each side). Beach volleyball is invaded by players who aren't really good enough to play court volleyball (case in point: Norway have two reasonably good sides in beach - and are hardly in the top hundred in the world in court - also, the fastest services in beach are around 105 kph, court volleyball reaches 115 without any wind to help).

I can agree that it must be much more fun to play, though :)

Waughney

International Debutant
Sportal

When I woke up in the morning and heard all about it, it seemed strangely familiar. I wasn't sure if something similar had happened before or it was just because I was tired. Now I know that it was in fact that strange fella again.