• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fani Halkia

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
This women has brought her PB down 4 seconds in the 400 Hurdles in 6 months..

Questions are now being asked about whether she is clean??

I must say im a bit sceptical after the Greek Athletics controversy and just hope that she is clean...

She was SO MUCH better then anyone in the 400m hurdles and it just has me thinking its a bit suss...

Not only would it make Greece more of a laughing stock but would take the Druggie Gold Medalist tally to 4...

What do you think???

Craig

World Traveller
Considering she is a failed high jumper, and a born again sprinter, and is now an Olympic champion, whether or not she is clean I don't know.

Maybe she has trained a lot harder then Pittman and the rest, and if she is clean, well then well done to her.

Then again Lance Armstrong won the 1999 Tour de France over 2.5 years after being diagnosed with Testicular Cancer which nearly killed him, and there were the usual drug rumours which were proven to be false.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Look im not whinging about Jana, I never thought she was a chance... But the amount by which she beat the so called Favourite was astounding...

I just have a really bad "gut" feeling which says something is not right...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
jana was never gonna win, im feeling a bit sus about this greek chick too, im gonna go out on a limb and say SHES ON DRUGS. a bit harsh i know, but after whats happened lately it wouldnt surprise me....

Waughney

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Look im not whinging about Jana, I never thought she was a chance... But the amount by which she beat the so called Favourite was astounding...
Petchonkina is incredibly inconsistent. I think it is too much to go and say someone is on drugs just because they ran well.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate she dropped her PB by 4 seconds in under 6 months... Does that not fill u with doubt???

I saw this woman run in all 3 races and she was not even tiring at the end, she seemed to get faster as the race went on.. Very very fishy...

Waughney

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Mate she dropped her PB by 4 seconds in under 6 months... Does that not fill u with doubt???

I saw this woman run in all 3 races and she was not even tiring at the end, she seemed to get faster as the race went on.. Very very fishy...
Fair enough, I guess everybody must have their doubts, 4 seconds......

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not as dodgy as that Spaniard long jumper.

How did 2 judges not notice his foot being about 3 inches over the line?!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
difinitley suspisious, but the top 4 in all eventa are tested after the race, in addition to any random tests... so if nothing comes up you would think she was clean, especially considering that the sprinters had to run off to hospital to avoid tests.

Simon

jana was never gonna win, she was gone with about 100m to go, the knee couldnt do it im afraid

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yep, but she gave it her best, which is all we can ask (at least unlike certain other athletes........... she finished the race)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If she wasn't clean they would have found out.Same with that Russian discus thrower or whatever it event it was.

Simon

age_master said:
yep, but she gave it her best, which is all we can ask (at least unlike certain other athletes........... she finished the race)
dont get me wrong, i think she put in a great effort, but IMO, it just wasnt ment to be...

biased indian

International Coach
she must be clean as they must have already done the drug test on her as they do the test on first four people in a race